Popup 'this unit has been cleaned' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popup 'this unit has been cleaned' ?

I was told that in between rentals some places put a popup sign of sorts that indicates the unit was cleaned / sanitized and the date - does anyone here do this? If so can you tell me what you do and maybe snap a picture of your sign? We are selling a new disinfectant and the boss wanted me to create some disposable signs that we can give away with product orders to indicate that a unit has been cleaned. I figure I'll have generic text and an area for the 'cleaned on' date but not sure if there are other writable areas I should include, or how big the signs are (ie 8.5 x 11 or bigger), or if they are standing on the floor like a cardboard 'A' sign or taped on the wall?

Probably not a big deal but best to ask before I layout some artwork and find out I have to redo it all because it is too small, or needs to be mounted or freestanding, or moisture- resistant or some other thing I didn't consider.

Thanks.
    Last edited by habreu; 24 June 2020, 12:24 PM.
    Burt Abreu

All From 1 Supply
    Building & Maintenance
    Products for Self Storage

That's a pretty cool idea habreu. We have a feature in our software that puts any units that a customer moves out of into a "dirty" status to help remind management, but the physical sign to show tenants that the unit has been cleaned on X date by X manager would be a nice touch.

Maybe us software providers can help by providing a document that users can print off (maybe automatically during a move out?) that shows the user and current date that can be printed and taped within the interior of the unit?

Do you think that would be something worth looking in to?
    Kevin Kerr
    Storage Commander Cloud Software
    k[email protected]
    Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin SC View Post
      Maybe us software providers can help by providing a document that users can print off (maybe automatically during a move out?) that shows the user and current date that can be printed and taped within the interior of the unit?

I think that'd be a great idea! Maybe tape it like sort of a "tamper seal", like how they do alcohol to-go?

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post

I think that'd be a great idea! Maybe tape it like sort of a "tamper seal", like how they do alcohol to-go?
        When I worked for a corporate storage company, we actually had little cards (slightly bigger than a business card size) that we had to fill out with the unit #, the date unit was cleaned, signed by the employee who cleaned it. On the other side was our company name and logo. We than used a paper hole puncher, punched a hole in it and put the lock through the hole in the tag and put on unit. We put the logo side showing on all units which helped from the side we wrote on from fading out from the sun and other weather conditions. We did go through a lot of them, so if you could think of perhaps laminating them and using erasable markers or something so they could be re-used may be more helpful. Just an idea lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin SC View Post
          That's a pretty cool idea habreu. We have a feature in our software that puts any units that a customer moves out of into a "dirty" status to help remind management, but the physical sign to show tenants that the unit has been cleaned on X date by X manager would be a nice touch.

I don't have a facility - I'm a vendor and a behind the scenes guy at that (graphics and IT) so don't know much about the day to day stuff. The people here can probably chime in but sounds interesting.
          Burt Abreu

All From 1 Supply
          Building & Maintenance

Comment

Originally posted by GM - StacieJ. - BSS View Post

When I worked for a corporate storage company, we actually had little cards (slightly bigger than a business card size) that we had to fill out with the unit #, the date unit was cleaned, signed by the employee who cleaned it. On the other side was our company name and logo. We than used a paper hole puncher, punched a hole in it and put the lock through the hole in the tag and put on unit. We put the logo side showing on all units which helped from the side we wrote on from fading out from the sun and other weather conditions. We did go through a lot of them, so if you could think of perhaps laminating them and using erasable markers or something so they could be re-used may be more helpful. Just an idea lol...
            That's a great idea. Certainly less expensive than a bunch of larger signs which would only be seen when the unit is opened.
            Burt Abreu

All From 1 Supply
            Building & Maintenance

Comment

I keep a spread sheet showing the date the unit was cleaned, latch replaced, springs replaced, weather stripping replaced, etc. Also, have started hanging one or two of the little lemon fresh car trees in each unit when I clean it. Just makes for a nicer smell when showing a future tenant the units. Now if I could figure out a smell that would keep lizards and rodents away . . . I'd be rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Lillian View Post
                I keep a spread sheet showing the date the unit was cleaned, latch replaced, springs replaced, weather stripping replaced, etc. Also, have started hanging one or two of the little lemon fresh car trees in each unit when I clean it. Just makes for a nicer smell when showing a future tenant the units. Now if I could figure out a smell that would keep lizards and rodents away . . . I'd be rich.

Hello Lillian, In CT a lot of my RV and Show Car tenants swore by Irish Spring Soap cut in chunks placed in corners or along the walls, they also use Bounce dryer sheets, apparently rodents in CT (not sure about Lizards lol) do not like either of these smells. Plus side is; keeps the units smelling fresh..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X