Strangest Animal or Insect Spotted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangest Animal or Insect Spotted

Last week I discovered two huge Palo Verde Beetles in my backyard on the same day! So gross. Not a fan of bugs and spiders. What's the strangest animal or insect that you've spotted at your facility?
    Last edited by Amy_ISS; 9 July 2020, 11:50 AM.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

At least you don't have groundhogs. They are burrowing up the entire bank behind one of my facilities.

Comment

The multiple variety of snakes at my facility always fascinates me. We have several rat snakes, cottonmouths, and dakay snakes. I'm sure there are other species that I just haven't spotted yet. I'm used to all of the weird bugs, huge spiders, variation of mammals, and other weird finds.

Comment

At my last property they have walking catfish.
        Talk about freaking out when you find a random catfish in the middle of the land.

Come to find out they are an invasive species. Can't do anything about them as they are protected list & the only thing I did was report them to the FWC.

Comment

Turtle.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dtinfla View Post
            "Excuse me sir, I'm going to need you to park in an appropriate spot. Thank you."

Comment

I shared this story once before, I rounded a corner late at night in response to door alarm going off. The intruder ( or so I thought) was rounding the same corner at the same time as me, trying to get away. I stopped just inches from bumping into him. I was so startled I screamed and then he screamed, more like a high pitched piercing whine. It was the biggest raccoon I have ever seen in my life, Probably stood atleast 3.5 ft tall.I took off running away and so did he. We scared each other to death LOL. When my husband got home from work a little later, he laughed his butt off when I told him what happened. Then he scolded me for going out on the property alone at night......lesson learned!
              You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Forgot to mention the property I transferred to has a huge lake next to it & there are all sorts of cool wetland birds such as great egrets, ospreys, red shoulder hawks, blue herons, etc. Also at night we can hear alligators clacking away although I have yet to see one, but they're out there.

Comment

We had a baby skunk in one of our long hallways. Trying to get the door open without startling it was quite the challenge.
                  --
                  Ron

http://n6ach.com
                  http://laws.n6ach.com
                  [email protected]

Comment

I once had a baby deer get inside the property.
                    I had to coral here by driving the golf car around her and "helping" her find the exit at the fence!!
                    Her Mamma was happy and so was baby when they were reunited!
                    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

2 years ago, I did not see it but the residents of the apartment complex next door did!
                      A big old brown bear!!
                      Heard she stood 6 foot tall when trying to get in the dumpster!
                      Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

we have some sort of nasty biting thing that hangs out with mosquitoes. They bite HARD, leave a red bump which will turn into a crazy itching nightmare. I dont know what they look like cuz they are fast too.

Comment

An opossum. I don't know where it came from but it was wandering around one night. Set the alarms off so I checked the cameras.
                          The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Definitely my iguana pal. I hadn't seen it for months, then, a couple weeks ago I see it just strolling past the entrance gate toward the trees/grass. I've seen it a couple more times just hanging out in the grass, snacking. He quickly scoots through the fence and under a nearby stored car whenever I get too close.
                            Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

We’re an outdoor facility right next to a wooded area and get lots of butterflies passing through. Here’s one of yesterday’s visitors.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MyStorageOps
                                Reply to StorSmart Tenant Insurance
                                by MyStorageOps
                                A lot has changed in the industry since the original 2013 post. We have been very please with StorSmart. My average penetration rate over all is 68%.

In the last couple of years Bader and StorSmart have essentially merged under the Storable platform. I have just recently brought on a new...
                                Today, 12:16 PM
                              • dakselfstorage
                                Reply to Venmo Payment
                                by dakselfstorage
                                It would be nice if the software providers could link the payments....
                                Today, 12:07 PM
                              • Amy_ISS
                                Venmo Payment
                                by Amy_ISS
                                A new facility in Montana is using Venmo to accept payments. If you're not familiar with Venmo, it's a mobile-payment service owned by PayPal. What do you think about this?
                                Today, 11:50 AM
                              Working...
                              X