Cleaning Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Hacks

Have you come across or created any "hacks" to improve facility sanitation? Any tricks you can share with others that improves your efforts or reduces cleaning time?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

We have a small rechargeable handvac with a crevice tool to get into the elevator tracks. It's pretty awesome.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

What a great tool KrisinWA
      Amy Campbell
      Editor
      Inside Self-Storage
      [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

I love my leaf blower instead of sweeping!!
        Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
          I just like blowing the leaves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
            I like sweeping because using the leaf blower will send nails, tacks, screws and other sharp, tire puncturing objects, onto the driveways

Comment

I won't blow unless I absolutely have to. I prefer broom and dustpan. As far a "hacks", I'll get the extension cords out and a shopvac on the roofs when its time to clean gutters of leafs, dusting doors are super quick if you get a California king duster from wally world in the auto section. I think my most time saving aspect is using my Segway when sweeping up, especially if using dust mop on hallways.

Comment

We use a Bissel hard floor scrubber to clean very dirty floors rather than using a mop. It washes, scrubs and vacuums up the fluids. Very handy.

https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-Cross...=fsclp_pl_dp_8

Comment

I am looking for recommendations for a battery operated leaf blower/vac combo. Battery operated backpack sprayer. And cleaning carts! I would love to see pictures of cleaning carts and the supplies you use! Trying to make some changes!

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
                    I won't blow unless I absolutely have to. I prefer broom and dustpan. As far a "hacks", I'll get the extension cords out and a shopvac on the roofs when its time to clean gutters of leafs, dusting doors are super quick if you get a California king duster from wally world in the auto section. I think my most time saving aspect is using my Segway when sweeping up, especially if using dust mop on hallways.
                    On a Segway? I'd fall on my keister.
                    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Ive always joked with my relief manager I should get a pair of heelies so I can dash down the halls to unlock units and sweep really fast. Of course that scenario only plays out in my mind. In real life, Im clumsy, so I would probably hurt myself.Heelies.jpg
                      You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

shoot I use my segway for a lot of items. Running out to do locks, walkthrus, property checks, pretty much if it's something i'm doing solo i'm going to use it so i'm back in the office sooner ready to rent units

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post

I like sweeping because using the leaf blower will send nails, tacks, screws and other sharp, tire puncturing objects, onto the driveways
                          Good answer. Plus all dirt goes on the drive, then sweep it there, I do not think so !!
                          Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

We have been using "Endust" on the doors inside the building but I'm finding more crap seems to lay on the "cleaner" than not. Any other suggestions?
                            Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

For the Green and Black mold that grows underneath of the drains we use a product called "Spray and Forget". You spray it on and it lasts for years! Helps keep away the mold as it is an organism that eats the mold and comes back out every time it gets wet.
                              Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Grizz
                                Reply to CAP rate question
                                by Grizz
                                What do you mean by "purchasing a value add"?

CAP rate is based on actual numbers that are on paper, not future numbers that could be anything. NOT what the seller says they are or could be. Ask the seller to provide the paper to back up his/her numbers

Also there...
                                Yesterday, 09:55 PM
                              • BradA
                                CAP rate question
                                by BradA
                                If purchasing a value add, is the cap rate based on the future value after your improvements?
                                Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                              • KeelHauler1994
                                Reply to Advice on LED
                                by KeelHauler1994
                                I was an assistant when our LED project took place. I know there was a rebate from the utility company and the labor was provided by the manager at the time. It did involve replacement of the ballast - there was a shopping cart full of old ballasts in the golf cart shed. The tube replacement was...
                                Yesterday, 09:03 PM
                              Working...
                              X