Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Coast Wildfires

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • West Coast Wildfires

    The images are dramatic and heartbreaking. Anyone with a facility near these wildfires? Have a photo to share of the sky over your site? How has your facility been affected?
    Last edited by Amy_ISS; 15 September 2020, 12:24 PM.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

    @AmyCampbell_ISS
    480.281.6091

  • #2
    My dad and step mom have been evacuated since Saturday from the El Dorado fire. The fire line is on their street with multiple engines running structure protection for the last 4 days. So far, the line has held across the street, but any shift in the wind could change everything. This photo is from just up the street on Saturday night. tempFileForShare_20200910-100501.jpg

    I will add that I'm in Orange County. We don't have any fire in our county. But with them all around us, we are covered with smoke, ash, etc. It's like we have a marine layer, but with smoke. Air quality is awful. And there's an orange hue to everything.
    Last edited by MamaDuke; 10 September 2020, 01:43 PM.
    MamaDuke

    Comment


    • #3
      I have no pics here but the smoke and ash falling has been going on for 3 days now. Can't breathe outside without a mask, unless you like the taste of ash. Lots of ash on the asphalt. Orange sun and on Tuesday, worst day, the smoke was so thick a couple times, around noon, my photo cell activated facility lights came on. It was close to a dark look.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

      Comment


      • #4
        This is my friend's property in Salem, Oregon.
        IMG_6537.JPG

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
          My dad and step mom have been evacuated since Saturday from the El Dorado fire. The fire line is on their street with multiple engines running structure protection for the last 4 days. So far, the line has held across the street, but any shift in the wind could change everything. This photo is from just up the street on Saturday night.

          I will add that I'm in Orange County. We don't have any fire in our county. But with them all around us, we are covered with smoke, ash, etc. It's like we have a marine layer, but with smoke. Air quality is awful. And there's an orange hue to everything.
          Yeah, ti's rough out here in California MamaDuke, we're just based out of Temecula. I should have taken some pictures of the sky the other day, but it's just overcast today. I had some pictures from the Lake Elsinore fire the other year, but thankfully nothing that close to me yet this year.
          Kevin Kerr
          Storage Commander Cloud Software
          k[email protected]
          Direct - 951.867.4732

          Comment


          • #6
            Hopefully this post to this thread will pass muster and not get deleted.

            Finally the Governor of Oregon has sent in the National Guard to help fight the fires that started up on Monday, all 375 of them and they are trained in the forest fire fighting. Meaning they have their red cards.
            "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LoisG View Post
              This is my friend's property in Salem, Oregon.
              IMG_6537.JPG
              Wow, that's so eerie. Sending good vibes out to all and hope the fires are out soon.

              Comment


              • #8
                I am in Northern California and this is a photo of our driveway yesterday when I got home. It is VERY smoky and a there is a lot of ash in the air. Praying they are able to get the fires that surround us put out very soon!
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oregon, our driveway view at 10:00 a.m. this morning. The sun is out, can you see it?

                  The second photo is of the sun above the house across the meadow. It's been surreal of late.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Gina6k; 11 September 2020, 03:57 PM.
                  Gina 6k
                  twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                  VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                  [email protected]



                  You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                  I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Governor for Oregon has put out info that since these fores started, they have burned over a Million acres in the state for Oregon. We have fire seasons every year and the average acreage lost each year is 500 thousand acres. We are now twice that and most fires have not been contained. Each day though there are new people added to the fire teams fighting the fires. We actually have some fighters here from New York. Today marks the 4th day in a row where there is smoke all over us but now the ash that was falling has dwindled down to a smaller size and less of it in the air. One man was arrested in Springfield, Oregon for starting a fire that was noticed and immediately put out. So far that is the only arson arrest but other fires are being investigated for arson but most seem to be started by downed power lines but even that problem can be man made and then be arson. Some of these fires started in the middle of August on federal lands but the governor did not attempt to put them out or even ask the fed government for access to fed lands to do so.

                    So, while cities burn in Oregon from riots the forests burn for many reasons. There were rumors of ANTIFA starting fires but the FBI investigated and said those claims are untrue. I know several people in some of the evacuation areas but have only heard from just one of them. This is as bad as waiting to hear from my cousin Bev from Paradise back in 2018.
                    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was in Salem before/during. Monday I was enjoying sitting at the Riverfront park flying my drone and watched as the smoke started coming south down the river. From Tuesday on there is no getting away from the smoke, wake up in my hotel room and it's like you're living inside a bbq pit. Some of the customers at the site we just took over there have communicated they have lost everything to fires. The entire 9 hour drive back from Salem to Stockton on I-5 I had maybe less than an hour of actual clear and clean skies, otherwise it's smoke everywhere.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        smoke.jpg WA as of 5 minutes ago
                        Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

                        WA State

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Still smokey here in Eugene but is less than yesterday and by tomorrow is supposed to be just spotty smoke.

                          The ash that was so thick on Tuesday and Wednesday has been getting less and less and smaller and smaller. You could see it floating in the air easily. Now I cannot see it but it may or may not be there.
                          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                            The Governor for Oregon has put out info that since these fores started, they have burned over a Million acres in the state for Oregon. We have fire seasons every year and the average acreage lost each year is 500 thousand acres. We are now twice that and most fires have not been contained. Each day though there are new people added to the fire teams fighting the fires. We actually have some fighters here from New York. Today marks the 4th day in a row where there is smoke all over us but now the ash that was falling has dwindled down to a smaller size and less of it in the air. One man was arrested in Springfield, Oregon for starting a fire that was noticed and immediately put out. So far that is the only arson arrest but other fires are being investigated for arson but most seem to be started by downed power lines but even that problem can be man made and then be arson. Some of these fires started in the middle of August on federal lands but the governor did not attempt to put them out or even ask the fed government for access to fed lands to do so.

                            So, while cities burn in Oregon from riots the forests burn for many reasons. There were rumors of ANTIFA starting fires but the FBI investigated and said those claims are untrue. I know several people in some of the evacuation areas but have only heard from just one of them. This is as bad as waiting to hear from my cousin Bev from Paradise back in 2018.
                            Fires not fores
                            Dave (Woodee) Scott

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dave Scott View Post

                              Fires not fores
                              Yea, I see that now. LOL!

                              But here in Orygun, some of us talk like that.
                              "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              • Steve_hajewski
                                Reply to Cost to build climate control units
                                by Steve_hajewski
                                Above examples is $55 per sq ft. Climate controlled single story will typically cost around 50 to 60 per sqft for eveything excluding land and grading issues other than simply stripping some topsoil and adding fill. Big variables can include level of insulation needed to meet your energy codes, and...
                                Today, 06:48 AM
                              • RandyL
                                Reply to US Reaches 200,000 COVID-19 Deaths
                                by RandyL
                                I understand that from what I said in my post, I imagine the correction was more for other posters. Even those what Dr. Artandi said is right, my question remains about how many more deaths we will have for 2020.

                                Covid may have ended their lives early, but their underlying issues may...
                                Yesterday, 11:37 PM
                              • Storman
                                If you can vote in CA, please vote NO on Prop 15
                                by Storman
                                This is the proposition that removes the protections of Prop 13 that capped annual property tax increases for both businesses and residences. You can be sure, that if they're able to overturn the Prop 13 protections for business, they'll be coming after those same protections for your house soon. Prop...
                                Yesterday, 10:26 PM
                              Working...
                              X