Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mask Fatigue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mask Fatigue

    Noticed more customers are getting "testy" about wearing masks. When I see them approaching the office door without one, I point to my mask, and they look-hesitate-and finally go back and get their masks. They are polite when they finally come in, agitated sometimes, but not about anything related to their account. After they're done, they rip off the mask as they are walking out.

    Wonder if the new normal after COVID will include masks or plexiglass shields on the counter?







  • #2
    The new normal will be determined by how long it takes until the next super bug is released on the world. I believe it had been around 6 years since H1N1. We will see masks be prominent till we get to the middle part of next year at least

    Comment


    • #3
      Ugh, I don't wear it when I'm alone, but when someone comes in I'll put it on. The stupid masks are making me break out like a 16 year old and that's annoying as all get out.
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

      WA State

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't say anything to them if they don't have a mask on, Ill simply let them know there are masks available if they can wear one, if not I assume they have their reasons. I am not a doctor, cannot determine if someone had health issues, and it should never have been a mandate that businesses have to play mask police. I see lawsuits in the future for those who refuse service based on mask or no mask when it comes to those with legit disabilities being turned away. As a matter of fact, several big box stores in our area have removed all of their signage requiring masks and they wont approach you anymore if you walk in without one. Costco, Safeway, and Walmart namely.
        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
          I don't say anything to them if they don't have a mask on, Ill simply let them know there are masks available if they can wear one, if not I assume they have their reasons. I am not a doctor, cannot determine if someone had health issues, and it should never have been a mandate that businesses have to play mask police. I see lawsuits in the future for those who refuse service based on mask or no mask when it comes to those with legit disabilities being turned away. As a matter of fact, several big box stores in our area have removed all of their signage requiring masks and they wont approach you anymore if you walk in without one. Costco, Safeway, and Walmart namely.
          Wow, they are still enforcing it locally. I don't fuss if someone doesn't have it, but if they startle when I put one on I'll offer them one.
          I have seen so many people stop to read the sign on the front door and then go back to their car to put on the forgotten mask! (people are reading the sign!! woot woot!)
          Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

          WA State

          Comment


          • #6
            Here in Boise it is a requirement. We do enforce it, particularly since one our mamagers got Covid and that location is closed during her quarantine.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't wear one in the office and am behind a spit screen so I tell all customers they can wear one or choose not to. I also will wear one in the golf cart if they don't wear theirs. If they have one on in the golf cart I just ask if they want me to. Have yet to have anyone ask me to wear a mask if they are. I can't wait for all this crap to go away and do away with the spit screen.
              "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
                I don't say anything to them if they don't have a mask on, Ill simply let them know there are masks available if they can wear one, if not I assume they have their reasons. I am not a doctor, cannot determine if someone had health issues, and it should never have been a mandate that businesses have to play mask police. I see lawsuits in the future for those who refuse service based on mask or no mask when it comes to those with legit disabilities being turned away. As a matter of fact, several big box stores in our area have removed all of their signage requiring masks and they wont approach you anymore if you walk in without one. Costco, Safeway, and Walmart namely.
                We have a sign on the door that says masks required but some come in without one. I wear mine and ask if they'd like a free one like you wc1974. I agree, with this litigious society I won't make them wear one because they will try to sue. I wear mine in the office and on the golf cart and we have plexiglass on the counter so that is fine.
                The future depends on what you do in the present.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Iamkathleenj View Post

                  We have a sign on the door that says masks required but some come in without one. I wear mine and ask if they'd like a free one like you wc1974. I agree, with this litigious society I won't make them wear one because they will try to sue. I wear mine in the office and on the golf cart and we have plexiglass on the counter so that is fine.
                  If your business makes the decision that masks are required, then the customer/tenant should and must comply. They can threaten to sue but they are full of it and will be hard pressed to find even the dumbest attorney to take that case on.
                  "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

                    If your business makes the decision that masks are required, then the customer/tenant should and must comply. They can threaten to sue but they are full of it and will be hard pressed to find even the dumbest attorney to take that case on.
                    Yep. As long as one is not discriminating on the basis of sex, race, or any other protected class, there is no legal grounds for a lawsuit. And even if someone does have a legitimate health condition that would be aggravated by wearing a mask for a few minutes (guessing this is a VERY small percentage of people) you're not discriminating as in "we don't serve disabled people," but because of the fact that they're not able to wear a mask, which could potentially endanger others

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Covid.png

                      People have been getting really upset and saying " I have COPD or I have this condition & I can't wear a mask and you can't make me because those are the rules".

                      I have asthma and I don't like wearing it but I do because if someone has it I don't want to catch it. We went to an outside pumpkin patch this weekend and some people were told they would have leave if they didn't wear a mask. There were lots of people around and it was difficult to socially distance but they still got upset.
                      Attached Files
                      The future depends on what you do in the present.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is the very reason we have decided to shut down our office until further notice. We originally were going to go remote Nov-Mar, but we have changed it to this week until further notice. Last week was a hassle. Idaho lifted all restrictions, but local cities/counties etc may still have them like ours. Someone told me "you know they lifted the restrictions right?" I firmly said "you know that is the state of Idaho and doesn't override local restrictions or mandates right?". He didn't have much else to say. I would say most people read the sign, but lately almost every one ignores it. I am not the mask police, but my business, my rules. I am not denying service to anyone, I am simply allowing an in-person transaction to those that comply with a requirement. If they don't comply with a requirement put in place by my county (and enforceable by a fine to my business), then I will simply help you out by phone, online, or if you want to pay cash, can put it in my dropbox located 10ft away from my front door. I had a lengthy conversation with a tenant that threatened to sue us. I told him I would be issuing a refund to his account and he could get his stuff out of his unit. He changed his tone and decided to talk with me instead of acting like a child.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There have been over 3,000 complaints against businesses since June 14 in our area.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            QuickTrip Do you know if the complaints are about mask-wearing?
                            Amy Campbell
                            Editor
                            Inside Self-Storage
                            [email protected]

                            @AmyCampbell_ISS
                            480.281.6091

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by QuickTrip View Post
                              There have been over 3,000 complaints against businesses since June 14 in our area.
                              I got a call from Oregon OSHA yesterday telling me they are gonna forward an email complaint to me today about a China Virus related complaint. I am licking my lips to see and read this. Better get my WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHMMMBULANCE gassed up and ready to go.
                              "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X