Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Owners Have Sold and I am Moving On

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Owners Have Sold and I am Moving On

    I’ve been the manager of two facilities for over 8 years . I’ve recently discovered that the owners have sold and I will be laid off . I had the opportunity to work for the new ( big box) company and chose to not work for them . This has been an extremely emotional time for me as I had planned to retire here . The storage business has been interesting to say the least . Thanks to everyone for their great support over the years . !

  • #2
    Sad to hear this. Where are you now and are you going to stay in the business? Sounds like you made up your mind.

    Comment


    • #3
      I am sad that the owners sold especially since it sounded unexpected. I wish you the best in your next adventure and I hope that you can stay in storage if that is what you would like. Maybe someone on here has a position in mind for you!
      The future depends on what you do in the present.

      Comment


      • #4
        I wish the best for you. Hopefully bigger and better things coming your way.
        Joe Krezdorn
        DAK Self Storage
        Leesport, PA 19533
        www.dakselfstorage.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Wow that's crazy. Well, thank you for being such an avid contributor to our industry and a great person to chat with. I can honestly say that the storage industry is better with you in it and I wish you luck on whatever comes next!
          Kevin Kerr
          Storage Commander Cloud Software
          k[email protected]
          Toll Free: 877.672.6257
          Direct: 951.867.4732

          Comment


          • #6
            I am very sorry. You have most things planned out and this implodes. Just try to keep your head up and if you need to vent you can vent here or you can pm me as I have been through this too.
            --
            Ron

            http://n6ach.com
            http://laws.n6ach.com
            [email protected]

            Comment


            • #7
              Best of luck from WA! Take a moment or breathe deep, then jump into your next thing. We're pulling for you.
              "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
              Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
              WA state

              Comment


              • #8
                So sorry to hear this! Changes like this can feel like a real gut-punch at first. May your next move find you quickly and bring you many great, new opportunities.
                Wishing you all the best and incredible success!
                ~Amy C.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by storage-gal View Post
                  I’ve been the manager of two facilities for over 8 years . I’ve recently discovered that the owners have sold and I will be laid off . I had the opportunity to work for the new ( big box) company and chose to not work for them . This has been an extremely emotional time for me as I had planned to retire here . The storage business has been interesting to say the least . Thanks to everyone for their great support over the years . !
                  Did you contact Orkocean and MusicCity Gal about the job openings they talked abaout?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm sorry to hear this. Your participation on SST has been important. Best of luck and keep us posted!
                    Amy Campbell
                    Editor
                    Inside Self-Storage
                    [email protected]

                    @AmyCampbell_ISS
                    480.281.6091

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sorry to see you in this position. Best of luck on your new adventures.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am so sorry to hear this! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
                        Linden Mini Storage, Reno, Nevada
                        www.MiniStorageReno.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

                          Did you contact Orkocean and MusicCity Gal about the job openings they talked abaout?
                          Hi Pac
                          I live in Canada and I’ve decided to look into something different . Job possibilities aren’t great right now with Covid .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ams View Post
                            I am very sorry. You have most things planned out and this implodes. Just try to keep your head up and if you need to vent you can vent here or you can pm me as I have been through this too.
                            Thanks . I had suspected something was going on and confronted it .However over the years I never expected it . I can’t believe the emotions.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Are you staying in Canada or going south for other choices? Can you stay with the new owners till you find something else?

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X