Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

No More U-Haul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More U-Haul

We've been doing U-Haul for 10 years without issue.
    The owner at the neighboring plaza called code enforcement on us for parking the equipment down the line of our private driveway (which is past the gate & fenced in).
    Apparently code enforcement said we cannot do that anymore & that we got away with it for 10 years.
    My company said shut it down because we have no room on the property besides down the long driveway to park equipment.

This is a blessing in disguise because we've had so many issues with UH thinking we work for them & now I can focus better on our primary business of storage.

I am happy for you getting rid of U-Haul. Way more negatives here about U-Haul than positives.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

You are so right on the more negatives than positives.
      I had a laundry list of notes taken since January for the owners of this company to review when they come down at the end of the year.
      Glad that can be crossed off the list.

Comment

buy the neighbor that called a gift card. Then ask him why it took 10 years.
        In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Thank goodness for you the Orange Slices is gone!! Promises, Promises and they always fell short. The run-around guy for us was the only positive. Higher-ups not always honest. Yes, now you can focus on storage or anything else, instead of being a car washer/cleaner for $4.50/hour.

Comment

Originally posted by KeelHauler1994 View Post
            Thank goodness for you the Orange Slices is gone!! Promises, Promises and they always fell short. The run-around guy for us was the only positive. Higher-ups not always honest. Yes, now you can focus on storage or anything else, instead of being a car washer/cleaner for $4.50/hour.
            LOL! So true!
            The AFM is here taking some more of the trailers because everything must go & he kept pushing. Asking if we were sure if we didn't have room.
            Apparently his boss is calling my owners because of an issue they had & will also be talking to them because of this. No room means NO room for U-Haul. I can rent a $65/mo. parking spot out & make more on that than we do in a week! It is not worth the headache & stress.

Comment

So, after talking to my district manager she said close EVERYTHING down.
              Called traffic, had them close us down & call the AFM again to take everything away.

I called traffic, they didn't close me down & still have a reservation out there that was set for 3:00 now moved to 4:30.
              Sent the AFM an email & he replies back that his boss (the MCO) talked to the main owner.

The main owner leaves everything up to our two gents that handle operations & they both knew what was going on while the main owner had no clue what the hell happened.

The main owner told the UH MCO he was trying to get hold of him for a year regarding system issues & now he calls him only when we need to shut down? Our owners basically said, "screw this, Lois, move the equipment out to the street if you have to."

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, just needed to vent.

I'm so thankful this company stands up for their employees & won't let them push us around like they've been doing.

My District Manager hopes they'll get rid of UH companywide.

Comment

Originally posted by LoisG View Post
                So, after talking to my district manager she said close EVERYTHING down.
                Called traffic, had them close us down & call the AFM again to take everything away.

I called traffic, they didn't close me down & still have a reservation out there that was set for 3:00 now moved to 4:30.
                Sent the AFM an email & he replies back that his boss (the MCO) talked to the main owner.

The main owner leaves everything up to our two gents that handle operations & they both knew what was going on while the main owner had no clue what the hell happened.

The main owner told the UH MCO he was trying to get hold of him for a year regarding system issues & now he calls him only when we need to shut down? Our owners basically said, "screw this, Lois, move the equipment out to the street if you have to."

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, just needed to vent.

I'm so thankful this company stands up for their employees & won't let them push us around like they've been doing.

My District Manager hopes they'll get rid of UH companywide.
                Yikes-what a mess.
                Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

After 15 years we finally left U haul. So many problems for so little money. When I started here it was pretty good money but....

Very happy to just manage storage....

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post
                    buy the neighbor that called a gift card. Then ask him why it took 10 years.
                    Honestly, I can see this inspiring some users to become "managers down the street" as well and making a call to code enforcement just to get U-Haul off of their property haha
                    Kevin Kerr
                    Storage Commander Cloud Software
                    k[email protected]
                    Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Well, I'm glad you're happy, though I can't stand people like that owner who snitch instead of just calling your owner and talking about it like adults if there is a concern. I mean, did this even affect him in any way (block the view of his plaza, etc.)?

Comment

I would love to help move and park those rigs in the street. You would not even need to pay me. Getting U-Haul away from a facility is payment enough. They have tried 3 times in 7 years to get on my property and each time I have said this, "First, I don't want your trucks here AT ALL and second, the HOA will not allow it AT ALL!" You would think the people would check previous attempt results and why they were turned down, before they send someone here.

Comment

Originally posted by RMRSS View Post
                          Well, I'm glad you're happy, though I can't stand people like that owner who snitch instead of just calling your owner and talking about it like adults if there is a concern. I mean, did this even affect him in any way (block the view of his plaza, etc.)?
                          Thank you!
                          Apparently the plaza owner is a miserable old man & he has called on everyone down this service road. I can see him calling on the abandoned gas station & the abandoned Juicy Lucy's because the grass is overgrown & the buildings are basically falling apart.

The equipment did not obscure anything as it was parked down a long driveway that we own (that is apparently an access/easement private road although there is a closed gate at the end of the long driveway with storage buildings along that).

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                            I would love to help move and park those rigs in the street. You would not even need to pay me. Getting U-Haul away from a facility is payment enough. They have tried 3 times in 7 years to get on my property and each time I have said this, "First, I don't want your trucks here AT ALL and second, the HOA will not allow it AT ALL!" You would think the people would check previous attempt results and why they were turned down, before they send someone here.
                            You are absolutely right about getting it away being payment enough!
                            No more headaches, no more people not checking their texts telling them to drop the equipment off elsewhere (then me having mini strokes every time a trailer or big truck pulls onto the property unexpectedly).

UH has high expectations for their dealers & treats them like crap for little pay. They work for US, not the other way around.

Comment

That company thinks we need them, WE DO NOT NEED THEM! Cannot stand the company and hate seeing the trucks on my facility. I always recommend Penske or Budget or even Home Depot that rents moving trucks/equipment.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• evansr
                                Reply to 2021 Goals & To Do's
                                by evansr
                                For our rate increases, we have taken a REIT approach, rates goes up on a schedule, but can easily be adjusted at a site level based on demand, customer issues, occupancies, etc.

Our discounts have been very limited already due to almost all unit groups being over 90%, if a discount is...
                                Today, 09:11 PM
                              • pacnwstorage
                                Reply to 2021 Goals & To Do's
                                by pacnwstorage
                                Are you sure one size fits all for all the facilities and neighborhoods they are in? We do rate increases as needed and not on a schedule of 9 months. I have had 6 years in a row of increases over the year before and will do it again this year for a total of 7. We stress the security of the facility...
                                Today, 08:29 PM
                              • evansr
                                2021 Goals & To Do's
                                by evansr
                                Hello Everyone, I am starting to put together our 2021 Goals and to-do's for our sites to present to the big boss for final approval. What is everyone looking at for 2021...with everything going on with this year, we still want to present a "normal" outlook and not "everything's on fire!"...
                                Today, 06:53 PM
                              Working...
                              X