Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

PTI Security Systems - Terrible service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
    WOW! This is a wake up call thread about piss poor service from these people. Who would want to remain with a service lacking like this does?
    Absolutely! I've already looked into other gate software that is compatible with our software.. cause everyone knows around here that 'if mama ain't happy, no one is happy.'

Comment

Originally posted by NCstorageguru View Post

Absolutely! I've already looked into other gate software that is compatible with our software.. cause everyone knows around here that 'if mama ain't happy, no one is happy.'
      What exactly is happening to your PTI? My 1st and 2nd facility had PTI and I've dealt with a bunch of issues-maybe my experience can help?.
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post

What exactly is happening to your PTI? My 1st and 2nd facility had PTI and I've dealt with a bunch of issues-maybe my experience can help?.
        Got a new computer and had to download the PTI software.
        We have two zones at our facility:

Non-Climate Controlled - 24 hour access
        Climate Controlled - 6AM- 9PM

The 24 hour access zone is on and working but NOT the CC Zone.
        I'm having to place everyone on 24 hrs.

Already called my software and they told me PTI has to finish out the zones.
        Last edited by NCstorageguru; 17 November 2020, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I had to have that done for mine, too. I tried doing it myself and skipped a step and messed my whole program up in the sense that nobody could access the gate I had about 5 ppl calling to get in. I hope they get you called back soon! If I could remember the steps, I'd tell you

Comment

Ah-I HAVE had this happen (1st facility) .Have you gone through the individual tenant and set their hours there in Sitelink? I mean, first set it in the system the PTI and then set each individual tenant in that area in SL?

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
              WOW! This is a wake up call thread about piss poor service from these people. Who would want to remain with a service lacking like this does?
              They weren't always this bad Pac, when we installed PTI in '96 they were very helpful, very responsive and easy to work with. The story of PTI ownership is like an arc in "As the World Turns", and it seems every subsequent sale to another larger corporation has ruined their once good reputation.

If not for my infrastructure all being PTI and for the last many years it being very stable, I too would look for another provider that valued me and my business even marginally. My guess is they know that they have many of us by the ball....oons. I have an older setup that is working well, and when I spoke to one of the reps at the Vegas ISS show with a question about my system, I was basically blown off because I hadn't upgraded to their new product. It was clear to me then that I would be on my own in terms of support from PTI, it seems I'm one of their dinosaurs they don't care about.

Luckily, I've found a local PTI authorized shop that has come out once and helped me out tremendously. Hopefully the system I have remains stable.
              In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Did you try and Google "PTI software manual"?
                Maybe you can find the answer yourself????
                Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
                  Did you try and Google "PTI software manual"?
                  Maybe you can find the answer yourself????
                  YouTube might help as well. I love YouTube for things like this.

WA State

Comment

Just switched to stor-guard and if you are looking for amazing customer service you can't beat them. My call gets returned within a day if not a few hours (mostly because theirs a 4 hr time difference). It's a smaller company, doesn't charge any subscription fees, reasonably priced, and works great with storedge. I also think their software is easy to use and set different hour types. Not sure about zones since we don't use them. Can access the software remotely too on my phone. Keypads are really nice too. Will be trying their bluetooth gate opening option soon.

The one potential downside is that because they are smaller, you'd have to get a local company to do the actual installation if you are unfamiliar with electrical work. But their customer support was also willing to work with our maintenance person basically going step by step the entire time to install the system so if you are hands on at all you'd probably be fine. Not sure why they don't come up more when people look for gate options.

Comment

PTI customer "service" is the absolute worst. First time I needed help I went through their ticket system and never heard back. Ever. I had to make a half dozen calls to their sales team and get really insistent, and they finally put pressure on the tech side to contact me.

Second time, similar; I fumbled with the software settings for a day and a half and finally got it working. All I had done was upgraded my computer. FIVE DAYS LATER, I got a tech call, at 6:30p, he left a message and said I had 12 hours to return his call or he would close out the ticket.

A week after that, I got an email asking me to to do a customer survey on my experience.

Comment

These are nightmare stories. I have none of these problems with QuikStor. NONE!
                        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I have a terrible time with PTI as well. Luckily for me I have a security guy who does all my security camera's that is quite familiar with that system and he helps me when I need it. But to get someone in customer service to call you back is like pulling teeth. If I open another facility I will be choosing a different vendor. With PTI you can do an on line ticket and they will send you an email, if that will help you. Good luck!
                          "A Dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself".

Comment

Still have NOT heard from PTI.

Comment

Originally posted by T_Champeau View Post
                              Just switched to stor-guard and if you are looking for amazing customer service you can't beat them. My call gets returned within a day if not a few hours (mostly because theirs a 4 hr time difference). It's a smaller company, doesn't charge any subscription fees, reasonably priced, and works great with storedge. I also think their software is easy to use and set different hour types. Not sure about zones since we don't use them. Can access the software remotely too on my phone. Keypads are really nice too. Will be trying their bluetooth gate opening option soon.

The one potential downside is that because they are smaller, you'd have to get a local company to do the actual installation if you are unfamiliar with electrical work. But their customer support was also willing to work with our maintenance person basically going step by step the entire time to install the system so if you are hands on at all you'd probably be fine. Not sure why they don't come up more when people look for gate options.
                              Thank you ! I will look into this!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• evansr
                                Reply to 2021 Goals & To Do's
                                by evansr
                                For our rate increases, we have taken a REIT approach, rates goes up on a schedule, but can easily be adjusted at a site level based on demand, customer issues, occupancies, etc.

Our discounts have been very limited already due to almost all unit groups being over 90%, if a discount is...
                                Today, 09:11 PM
                              • pacnwstorage
                                Reply to 2021 Goals & To Do's
                                by pacnwstorage
                                Are you sure one size fits all for all the facilities and neighborhoods they are in? We do rate increases as needed and not on a schedule of 9 months. I have had 6 years in a row of increases over the year before and will do it again this year for a total of 7. We stress the security of the facility...
                                Today, 08:29 PM
                              • evansr
                                2021 Goals & To Do's
                                by evansr
                                Hello Everyone, I am starting to put together our 2021 Goals and to-do's for our sites to present to the big boss for final approval. What is everyone looking at for 2021...with everything going on with this year, we still want to present a "normal" outlook and not "everything's on fire!"...
                                Today, 06:53 PM
                              Working...
                              X