This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-storage workers and the Covid vaccine

You know with the vaccine roll-out coming up and the fact that many people in self-storage have been classified as “essential workers” you think people in self-storage will get the vaccine before most other people?

Probably not, we're not considered 'essential' in WA.
    "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
    WA state

Comment

I would say that we're low on the Essential Worker totem pole. And I'll gladly donate mine to anyone else who wants it.
      MamaDuke

Comment

Probably not. Even though our business is considered essential we probably won't get it any earlier. I plan on getting it sooner or later since I am an overweight diabetic with asthma but I have been very careful and lucky so far. I'd like to see others that need it get it if they want it.
        The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

I don't want or need a vaccine for a virus that has over a 99% recovery rate.
          Someone else can have mine.
          I can almost bet a byd1n administration will make it mandatory to fly, travel or enter a government building.
          Guess I won't be flying anywhere and I hope I never get Jury duty again.
          Joe Krezdorn
          DAK Self Storage
          Leesport, PA 19533
          www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

You know we started off with no info and we still don't have much info on Covid. So whatever I say is just one small data point. My wife and I just got over covid. She had some sniffles and a few headaches. I got knocked on my butt, but not from the actual outward symptoms, just I couldn't walk more than 2 car lengths and I was out of breath having to calm myself to not hyperventilate.

We take the Flu shot every year and I would definitely rather get Covid than the Flu.

Covid seems to be way more contagious. I've talked with my neighbors and it seemed to move around the community rapidly versus flu.

Our Son who is 19 did not get Covid, that we know of. He tested negative.

My friends kids 8 to 10 had it for three days and just took Tylenol for headaches.

My neighbor who was 92 got covid, but then developed pneumonia and died.

I didn't think I had Covid. Had a slight head cold for three days, then day 4 it dropped down to my lungs. Had Cold Sweats and some headaches. Couldn't taste or smell. Doctors office said they had nothing for me. The medicines they talk about only are for people in Emergency. Took Ibuprofen for headaches. They said the biggest issue is catching Pneumonia, if you didn't do deep breathing exercises or try to walk a little to keep the fluid off your lungs. About 10 days later after it hit my lungs, the shortness of breath went away. Sounds like another 30 to 60 days until I get my full lung capacity back. Lost all of my drive/energy level, just need to rebuild.

Again, no data. But sounds like I'm only good for another 3 to 6 months of immunity, before I can catch it again.

Looked up Flu shots. About 65% of people over 65 take the shot. About 45% older than 18 years take the shot. My point is, I will probably take the Covid shot, but since to me it has a milder impact than Flu, our population will take it the same or less than the Flu shot. As we get more data, it will probably become a more defined population who take the shot or are required to take it; since to me it is more contagious and still deadly for underlying conditions.

Thought we would miss it, since we are Self Service and don't meet hardly any of our customers. My wife and I got it about the same time. Don't think it was from Self Storage.

Stay Healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
              I can almost bet a byd1n administration will make it mandatory to fly, travel or enter a government building.
              Not gonna get the shot either unless it is mandatory to enter my VA. While I am not afraid of flying I am afraid of what I would do to a nut job that might go off while in the air, so I no longer will fly. I stay away from government buildings and I recently got a jury duty notice for the 21st of Jan. but my VA doctor supplied me a letter to get out of it. As long as I can buy food, work, go to my American Legion post, and buy what I want at Amazon, well then I am ok. An over 99% recovery rate are odds I will take all day long.
              "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

The recovery rate isn’t 99% it’s on average much much lower, and if you’re elderly, someone with underlying health conditions then it’s much much lower.

Also it’s not airlines and government buildings, you could be denied entry at sports games, concerts, religious events, parades, etc. I like sports and music too much for that.

it’s pretty shocking we’re low on the priority list and considered an “essential business”. For goodness sakes self-storage is booming meaning we’re getting a lot of customers and they don’t want us to not get any immunization to keep us safe? We could’ve just rented people remotely (I know some were able to do that, but we COULDN’T).

Comment

Originally posted by rg5090 View Post

The recovery rate isn’t 99% it’s on average much much lower, and if you’re elderly, someone with underlying health conditions then it’s much much lower.

Also it’s not airlines and government buildings, you could be denied entry at sports games, concerts, religious events, parades, etc. I like sports and music too much for that.

it’s pretty shocking we’re low on the priority list and considered an “essential business”. For goodness sakes self-storage is booming meaning we’re getting a lot of customers and they don’t want us to not get any immunization to keep us safe? We could’ve just rented people remotely (I know some were able to do that, but we COULDN’T).
                  Post verified links about the average recovery rate being lower. Myself and dakselfstorage are talking about the entire average, not just one select group. I also am not going to accept recovery rate numbers where they say a person died of the virus when they were shot or died in a car accident but happened to test positive for the virus.
                  Last edited by Amy_ISS; 31 December 2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

rg5090 I guess I will not be doing any of the things you mention. I have not watched a sporting event since kaperd1k refused to stand for our National anthem. So that won't bother me. How are the venues going to check this. Are You going to get a barcode tattoo? A special passport on your phone? Maybe they will force you to wear a special letter on you clothing? We have seen how that works in the past. Oh wait history is being destroyed, maybe we will repeat it. Yea not this American!
                    I have not seen that the recovery rate is much much lower than 99%.
                    Last edited by Amy_ISS; 31 December 2020, 05:54 PM.
                    Joe Krezdorn
                    DAK Self Storage
                    Leesport, PA 19533
                    www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

rg5090 I guess I will not be doing any of the things you mention. I have not watched a sporting event since kaperd1k refused to stand for our National anthem. So that won't bother me. How are the venues going to check this. Are You going to get a barcode tattoo? A special passport on your phone? Maybe they will force you to wear a special letter on you clothing? We have seen how that works in the past. Oh wait history is being destroyed, maybe we will repeat it. Yea not this American!
                      I have not seen that the recovery rate is much much lower than 99%.
                      If lockdowns and face diapers work so well why is California having some of the highest virus #'s?
                      Are the all from Gavin going out and about while locking everyone else in?
                      oh it’s not just sporting events, concerts, conventions, you name it. You are gonna be the one being isolated more than ever.
                      Last edited by Amy_ISS; 31 December 2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

So get the scarlet letter.
                        I have never been a follow the sheep type person.

I agree that the VIRUS is a serious matter, but not as much as the News media would have you believe.
                        If you tested positive for the VIRUS and get shot in the head or die in a car crash, you are a VIRUS death.
                        The Numbers are wat too inflated.

Take your freedoms just a little at a time.
                        Next they will be demanding we get on the train to a better life.

I have NEVER gotten the Flu shot. Had the flu a few times. It sucked for a few days and I got over it.
                        My Wife and I both got the Swine Flu during The last administration. It did suck. We were in bed a solid 3 days. We only got up to feed the dogs and get fluids in us. That was the worst I have had any type of Flu.
                        We were not shut down.
                        AMERICA has never Quarantined the Healthy.

If you are afraid stay home.
                        It is not and has never been my job to protect you or anyone else.

Don't get me wrong if I would see someone in trouble I would certainly help.
                        A few years ago in Costa Rica, I saved the jet ski girl from drowning. Everyone told me that she could have pulled me under. I could not stand around while everyone watched this poor girl getting pulled out into the Pacific.
                        Last edited by MamaDuke; 29 December 2020, 04:22 PM.
                        Joe Krezdorn
                        DAK Self Storage
                        Leesport, PA 19533
                        www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

This has gotten out of hand... again.

Comment

My oldest niece and her husband got it, she was w/o taste or smell for 6 weeks, but both have recovered ok (lives in AZ) though we were worried abt her husband who is on dialysis.
                            My other niece and her husband got it, both work at Home Depot in CA and wore masks. Just too many interactions-they're both okay now. Their kids got it but it was very mild. My sis and her husband didn't get it (both in mid 70's)-they had contact with niece and family but lucked out.
                            Have had several folks in my condo complex have it but all are okay. Some friends here at work have lost family due to it. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to it.
                            "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
                            WA state

Comment

Originally posted by AjmCorona View Post
                              This has gotten out of hand... again.
                              Sorry, but I can't let unproven statements go by. Why would I? It could have gotten out of hand way worse. I toned down as best I could to get my point across. Plus, just like the tv channel changer, there are other threads to switch to if needed. Anyone that wants you to "knuckle under' wants you to not stand your ground. Not even close to out of hand. Out of hand is what happened in those cities where the riots and burning and killing took place. Can you agree to that?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                                Reply to Tell me I am wrong
                                by pacnwstorage
                                I knew I was right about all this. Here on the west coast it is worse than in other places. You get the groups together that are still doing the riots in Portland and Seattle and that emboldens others to do anything they want and the city politicians let it happen. What kind of society is that? It is...
                                Today, 02:08 PM
                              • Mark C
                                Reply to Standard Rental Rates - Better Way To Figure Them Out
                                by Mark C
                                Rates are what I am finalizing now. Prices everywhere here are going up. I set ours up a couple of months ago. We are about a month away from opening our doors. We have nearly 10' ceilings in our units (taller buildings), led lighting on timers in all units, roughly 25 cameras that cover 100% of the...
                                Today, 01:31 PM
                              • KrisinWA
                                Reply to Tell me I am wrong
                                by KrisinWA
                                There were riots in Seattle (actually still going on every week) but the one I'm referring to was when the guy stole an AR-15 rifle from a police car which was then set on fire (the car). This guy had the gun forcibly taken from him by a former Marine, now bodyguard for Q13 Fox.
                                Man who did this...
                                Yesterday, 07:09 PM
                              Working...
                              X