Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas icy weather

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    AngelaESSTX, I messaged you.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

    "Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet him"

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post

      Angela,

      God forbid this happens again, before you leave open the hot and cold water faucet just a trickle to keep the water flowing. You said it was 40degrees when you left. How cold did it get? I have an outdoor bar sink that I blow the lines before winter. I have had several times thought opps I forgot, but I think you need a few days below freezing to burst pipes??
      Our area spent about 2.5/3 days below freezing. When you lose power you can't drip your water. This is why so many peoples pipes burst.

      Comment


      • #34
        Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post

        Angela,

        God forbid this happens again, before you leave open the hot and cold water faucet just a trickle to keep the water flowing. You said it was 40degrees when you left. How cold did it get? I have an outdoor bar sink that I blow the lines before winter. I have had several times thought opps I forgot, but I think you need a few days below freezing to burst pipes??
        I'm not sure how cold it got inside. Just in the 12 hours I was there the temp dropped from 71 when power initially went out down to 40 by 3pm and we didn't get above freezing temps until Saturday. Texas was below freezing for 7 days straight. After we fixed the biggest busted pipe, I found 2 more. I finally got water yesterday at 5:30pm, washed my hair (it was gross, everything was gross lol) bathed myself and my son, washed dishes and clothes, they turned it back off. They will be back today to cut a hole in my kitchen floor to access the other 2 pipes the burst. All busted pipes are cpvc pipes...hot water lines. I left the water dripping but that did not help. I believe the lowest temp we got was 9 degrees with a feels like of -1. With our humidity this cold just cut right thru us and I don't do cold well anyway. Thankfully our office didn't sustain any damages, but I know at least one of our other locations about 25 min away, suffered busted pipes.

        Comment


        • #35
          WoW this is just crazy. I hope everyone can get back to normal soon. Oh and not a new normal.
          I did not realize that it was THAT cold for that long. Yes pvc will burst much quicker than Copper or even Pex pipe.
          We've been dealing with plowing snow every other day it seems and I have not paid much attention to LAME stream media.
          Good luck with the burst pipes.
          Joe Krezdorn
          DAK Self Storage
          Leesport, PA 19533
          www.dakselfstorage.com

          Comment


          • #36
            Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
            WoW this is just crazy. I hope everyone can get back to normal soon. Oh and not a new normal.
            I did not realize that it was THAT cold for that long. Yes pvc will burst much quicker than Copper or even Pex pipe.
            We've been dealing with plowing snow every other day it seems and I have not paid much attention to LAME stream media.
            Good luck with the burst pipes.
            Thank you, I really appreciate that! The plumber was not able to make it out yesterday after all, but my landlord was able to get the floor cut out of my kitchen last night to prepare for the plumber (it is covered at the moment, thankfully because I have a family of opossums living under my house and I really don't want them setting up shop in my house haha) . Praying he will have time today! They are going to, as a precaution, re-pipe a lot of the pipes under my house because some of them are weak and the older pipe material and will definitely give out when/if we have another snovid event.

            Comment


            • #37
              AngelaESSTX I am so sorry about your pipes! One of our sister stores busted the pipe in the apartment and then the office flooded. My main and annex both busted pipes on the outside so we have no water here.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.

              Comment


              • #38
                Originally posted by Lou G View Post
                AngelaESSTX I am so sorry about your pipes! One of our sister stores busted the pipe in the apartment and then the office flooded. My main and annex both busted pipes on the outside so we have no water here.
                Thank you so much! I am so sorry y'all are dealing with that big mess! Definitely praying for y'all!

                Comment


                • #39
                  Texans are very adaptable:

                  "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                  "Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet him"

                  Comment

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X