Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with Storage Treasures auction winner that won't vacate unit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Well, we've been using StorageTreasures before it was called StorageTreasures, and haven't had any major issues. I'd advise reading their terms of use here. Especially note section 3E:

    The successful bidder will have specified clean out time from notification that the bid has been accepted to pay for and pick up the property during the storage facility's office hours. Access to unit(s) will not be granted until the bidder has paid in full, including any cleaning deposit(s) if the storage facility elects to collect them. If bidder fails to pick up the property within the specified time the winning bid amount, internet premium, any applicable sales tax, and the specified cleaning deposit may be charged. If the successful bidder pays for the unit in full but fails to completely remove all of the items from the unit (leaving the unit in a broom swept condition or executing a lease for the rental of the unit), the specified cleaning deposit will be charged.

    Comment


    • #17
      we use selfstorageauction.com / still happened to my sister site, they didn't take it all, I haven't had it happen here yet, but I am thinking that could happen with any auction company. I just haven't hit that person yet that doesn't take the stuff...... yet.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Silverbell Storage View Post
        but I am thinking that could happen with any auction company. I just haven't hit that person yet that doesn't take the stuff...... yet.
        Absolutely!!! And this is the entire purpose of the cleaning deposit!
        MamaDuke

        Comment


        • #19
          I use storage treasures and have before it was storage treasures!

          If I had a unit that was larger then 10x20 AND if it was really full of stuff, I can choose to set that deposit HIGHER!
          I have in the past chosen to allow the winning bidder to more than the 24 hours to clean out the unit.
          Hence, the bigger deposit.
          Do not "feel bad" about taking that $100 cash deposit to the bank!
          Apply the $100 to the unit in question though.
          Take new pics and get that back on storage treasures and sell it again!
          That is what I would do!
          Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
            I use storage treasures and have before it was storage treasures!

            If I had a unit that was larger then 10x20 AND if it was really full of stuff, I can choose to set that deposit HIGHER!
            I have in the past chosen to allow the winning bidder to more than the 24 hours to clean out the unit.
            Hence, the bigger deposit.
            Do not "feel bad" about taking that $100 cash deposit to the bank!
            Apply the $100 to the unit in question though.
            Take new pics and get that back on storage treasures and sell it again!
            That is what I would do!
            I am most definitely telling our sister site Manager this, as she has gotten stiffed twice in 2 months, telling her raise the deposit!

            Comment


            • #21
              You are well within your rights to charge a higher deposit!

              If the bidder doesn't understand this, then they are not really the bidder for you anyway! LOL
              Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

              Comment


              • #22
                At Bid13 I can see that my policies are all spelled out, including my $200 deposit. They are not gonna show up to clear a unit out and get away with, "I didn't know". You already have enough to put up with with all your tenants. Don't need "Mr. Clueless Entitled Masses" guy/gal giving you the run around.

                Comment


                • #23
                  We do StorageAuctions.com and like the service.

                  If we had someone win an auction and pay, but not vacate timely,,, then we abide by the terms of the auction. They move it or lose it along with the deposit. Thankfully, we make that very clear at the outset and haven't had any issues. We don't auction often, but we have had several repeat buyers, and I don't even charge the deposit, as we already have the relationship established.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                    At Bid13 I can see that my policies are all spelled out, including my $200 deposit. They are not gonna show up to clear a unit out and get away with, "I didn't know". You already have enough to put up with with all your tenants. Don't need "Mr. Clueless Entitled Masses" guy/gal giving you the run around.
                    Just FYI (for everyone) - You can also spell out any facility-specific policies and set whatever deposit you want on StorageTreasures. If anyone here is using StorageTreasures and is not sure how to do this:

                    1. log in
                    2. click on My Account
                    3. click on Facility Mgmt
                    4. click Edit next to the facility you want to edit (if you have more than one)
                    5. scroll down to Default Auction Settings . . . here you can enter your default cleaning deposit and cleanout time, accepted payment methods, and "Additional Information" (this would be where you list any facility-specific policies) . . . be sure to click SAVE CHANGES at the very bottom of the page!

                    Now each time you post an auction, all these parameters will auto-fill (note that you can change them for a specific auction if you want....for instance, if you think a particular unit warrants a higher or lower cleaning deposit, you can change it for just that unit)

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X