Outsourcing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outsourcing

Many operators outsource certain aspects of their business for a number of reasons. Does your company outsource any of these functions:
    • Human resources
    • Facility sanitation
    • Social media marketing
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

We outsource the janitorial / mopping hallways of climate buildings and cleaning the doors, windows etc in them. also street sweeping. ( I feel I am a very lucky girl that we do outsource that )

Comment

The only thing we outsource is our lawn maintenance. Everything else is either covered in-store (us) or by corporate. Now, if the issue requires a "professional" like a/c repairs that maintenance can't fix, we'll outsource for bigger problems.

Comment

We outsource our spring repair

Comment

I'm working on an article on outsourcing your maintenance. If you'd like to share your expertise, please send me a PM and I'll send you some questions. I'm seeking insight on what to outsource, pros and cons, how you found vendors, and more.
          Amy Campbell
          Editor
          Inside Self-Storage
          [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

NO one wants to be a part of an article written by moi? Will a brave manager or two be willing to participate?
            Amy Campbell
            Editor
            Inside Self-Storage
            [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Originally posted by Amy_ISS View Post
              NO one wants to be a part of an article written by moi? Will a brave manager or two be willing to participate?
              I totally would, but we don't outsource!

Comment

Originally posted by Amy_ISS View Post
                We do not outsource any of the above. We will call for someone if something that my husband can't fix...but he does just about all of the maintenance and keeps the place clean.
                The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

My article will focus on outsourcing maintenance, including repairs. Here are the questions. You can PM or email your responses to me. Thanks!!
                  • What maintenance services do you outsource? (Landscaping/lawn care, AC upkeep, snow removal, asphalt repair, gutter cleaning, roof maintenance, etc.)
                  • Why do you outsource these tasks?
                  • How can an operator weigh the costs vs. the value of outsourcing?
                  • How did you find and vet your vendors?
                  • What safety aspects do you need to keep in mind when outsourcing?
                  • How do you make the partnership work?
                  • How often should you rebid?
                  • Are they any disadvantages to outsourcing?
                  • Additional advice to those seeking to outsource maintenance tasks?
                  Amy Campbell
                  Editor
                  Inside Self-Storage
                  [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X