It's on the List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's on the List

I'm huge fan of lists. I'll admit, I'm also no longer young, so the memory isn't as sharp as it once was. So, lists keep all those projects, assignments and "to-dos" front and center.

What kind of lists do you have to keep you on track at work? Are the paper or digital? What advice do you have for those who aren't creating these documents?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I also keep lists!
    I keep an "expected move-out" list that includes the size of the unit and the date that it is supposed to be empty.
    I also keep a "current lien list" that includes the dates and steps of what needs to be done for the auction.

Can I also share with you about the paper!
    You know during the course of your day, you have paper that will need to be thrown away.
    Well, if there is no printing on one side, I keep this and tear them in half on the horizontal side!
    This then can create 2 paper length "scratch sheets"
    I bull nose clip at the top of the sheets and use it for my daily calls. I will write down names and numbers form the calls and anything for my day!
    Locks on!
    Locks off!

IMG_3491.JPG
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

I keep my "To Do List" all in Outlook, so I get those nagging alerts on PC, watch and phone...

Comment

I keep a notepad on the desk for my weekend manager and part-time maintenance guy to see. I write my own To-Do lists each week, make notes of supplies, etc to order and leave a To-do list for each of them. I'm not always here when they come in so they always know where to look for their assignments.

Comment

I wish I was better about using the digital to-do lists. Over the years I have tried a lot of them and but while very tech savvy I am not a list guy as a rule. I use a paper pad and jot down stuff I need to do short term, or take notes when the boss writes but these are scribbly things with arrows and circles parts of which a week or two later I can't even figure out.. Just the act of writing helps to refine them in my head a bit though. Every so often I start a new sheet and copy over some of the old stuff.
          Burt Abreu

All From 1 Supply
          Building & Maintenance
          Products for Self Storage

Comment

Just the act of writing helps to refine them in my head a bit though.
            YES! I have found this to be true as well.
            Amy Campbell
            Editor
            Inside Self-Storage
            [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

I have a planner that goes with me EVERYWHERE (except today, apparently) that I write EVERYTHING in. I also have lists, numerous. I use the word templates and write my lists. I also have scrap paper at all 3 facilities I work at. Not easy, but works for me.
              Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

I'm a paper list guy too, the endorphin release when you cross something off is a big motivator to complete the task. In the past I've reluctantly completed something just so I could cross it off.

Many years ago I made the mistake of crossing something off my wife's list. That was the first and last time I ever did that. Apparently she feels the same way I do, the payoff is the cross off.

My wife can get overwhelmed sometimes, and I'm always telling her to get it out of her head and on to paper, then things look and feel more manageable. Momentum comes from completing things. When it's rolling around in your head it's easy to not see where to start.
                In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

I don’t need a list... I have a wife and I hear about what needs to be done constantly. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scvette View Post
                    I don’t need a list... I have a wife and I hear about what needs to be done constantly. Lol
                    You have a list....a "Honey Do" list!!!
                    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

I’m a commercial fisherman in the Bering Sea, I’m gone 3-4 Months at a time. You have no idea of the honey-do list I get when I’m home.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X