Weird phone calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird phone calls

Yesterday I had a tenant who came in to make a payment say that his son told him we called the son and said the dad had a small balance due of around $20, and needed to come in and pay. No, we didn't call. Especially not the son because we don't have the son's contact info, and the unit is in the dad's name. Tenant made their regular rent payment anyway, even though several days early. Then yesterday afternoon shortly after closing, a woman called and left a voicemail. She said she was calling about a notice she received regarding a "billing problem" and wanted us to know that she pays her bills and doesn't owe anyone any money. The phone number she called from, and left in the voicemail, does not come up in our records as a number ever used by a tenant here. She did leave her name at the end, but all I could understand was the first name. She garbled the last name so badly I couldn't even tell what letter it was supposed to start with. I don't have any current tenants with the first name she gave me and the only former one that matches it vacated several months ago not owing anything. Everything about that message sounded off; from the phrasing she used, to not including a unit number, to waiting til the end to identify herself and making the last name so impossible to understand. Google searching number shows it's out of Sarasota. I get a lot of silent phone calls from various numbers out of Sarasota and have many of them blocked. I'm thinking it's just another one of them posing as a tenant/customer to get me to call back so they can try to scam me somehow.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Your instincts are probably correct. Someone is 'phishing' to see if anything sticks for a scam. Or they think they're calling Public Storage...lol
    "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
    Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
    Always sunny in California

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post
      Your instincts are probably correct. Someone is 'phishing' to see if anything sticks for a scam. Or they think they're calling Public Storage...lol
      I am the same color as Public Storage
      Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X