Frugal Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frugal Ideas

What's the most frugal thing you've done to save money for your storage business?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Went to Dollar General to find "gifts" after a holiday that didn't have a holiday noted. IE: Gift bags at holiday time that have snowflakes on them, or items that are for playing in the sand that were $3.00, marked down to 25c to give at Halloween.....

Had my husband fix something that they wanted to hire someone to do - he did a better job than anyone else could have - passed inspections etc.
    Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

Added water to the liquid hand-soap. Snow removal by me-and I used $50 of petty cash to hire a guy to shovel part of the parking lot.
      "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
      Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
      Always sunny in California

Comment

Had my friend, who's a locksmith, come open our safe. No charge.

Comment

Coupons for toilet paper and paper towels!
          Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Every time I look at this post, I think.... Its storage, we are always frugal about everything. When people first start storage they think, oh we make lots of money... There are so many expenses they don't know about.. FRUGAL is our way of life as a storage manager!!! And yes I look to see where water is cheaper, coupons etc.... We have a budget. I am a saver even if its not my money!

Comment

When I first started working for my company and I would submit my petty cash receipts the owners would giggle when they saw I used coupons for everything I could!!
              Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Take the dust mop heads to laundromat to wash and reuse! I also use blank side of paper for office use. I'm a coupon-er too!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X