Prospective U-haul customer, nah, call corporate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospective U-haul customer, nah, call corporate

Guy calls, asks what size U-haul he should get for moving out of an 8x4 unit. I told him that I only had one truck, a 15 foot, and I gave him the price. (We only have one truck ever here.) I assured him that his 8x4 would fit, no problem.

He asks me if I had another size and I told him no, that we only have the 1 truck and it was an in town truck, to be returned here.

He ponders that and says, "Nah, I need a 20 ft truck, what other sizes do you have?"

*face palm* Dude. It's like we're having 2 different conversations.

"Call 1-800 go-uhaul, they'll help you there."

"The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
    Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
    Always sunny in California

I always loved having that 1-800-GO-UHAUL to refer to in these situations!!!
    MamaDuke

Comment

Definitely laughing really hard!

Comment

I got rid of U-Haul. We got the WORST customers from them. Plus corporate steers all the good one-way rentals to their corporate stores. On a local rental you deal with a bunch of rude customers and don't even make enough commission to buy lunch. Dropping U-Haul was the best decision ever!

Comment

Originally posted by U Rent It Ohio View Post
          I got rid of U-Haul. We got the WORST customers from them. Plus corporate steers all the good one-way rentals to their corporate stores. On a local rental you deal with a bunch of rude customers and don't even make enough commission to buy lunch. Dropping U-Haul was the best decision ever!
          Ditto !!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post
            Guy calls, asks what size U-haul he should get for moving out of an 8x4 unit. I told him that I only had one truck, a 15 foot, and I gave him the price. (We only have one truck ever here.) I assured him that his 8x4 would fit, no problem.

He asks me if I had another size and I told him no, that we only have the 1 truck and it was an in town truck, to be returned here.

He ponders that and says, "Nah, I need a 20 ft truck, what other sizes do you have?"

*face palm* Dude. It's like we're having 2 different conversations.

"Call 1-800 go-uhaul, they'll help you there."

I get this after I tell a perspective tenant I have only one 10 x 10 left followed by but what other sizes do you have ?

Comment

Originally posted by U Rent It Ohio View Post
              Bet you miss those $3-$5 commissions though, right? Lol, U-Haul is the worst.

Comment

So far in this month of October 2021 I have earned $1244.52

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

That sounds just like some conversations I've had with people about unit sizes.
                  Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X