Originally posted by lady5563 View Post

I see now!

That is HUGE hauler!
    You need to charge for that!
    I would!
    I don't give away anything for FREE!
    My time is very valuable!
    And so is YOURS!
    I knew I would get a comment on this from you Lady Of course my time is valuable as is the trailer. But getting rid of people's crap in a very timely manner and freeing up a storage unit in a day instead of weeks can also be very valuable. Plus, foreclosures, auctions, and collections take three months and dont always lead to any $$. But hauling to the dump and re-renting the unit at a higher rate can be well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by helenatim View Post

I knew I would get a comment on this from you Lady Of course my time is valuable as is the trailer. But getting rid of people's crap in a very timely manner and freeing up a storage unit in a day instead of weeks can also be very valuable. Plus, foreclosures, auctions, and collections take three months and dont always lead to any $$. But hauling to the dump and re-renting the unit at a higher rate can be well worth it.
      And if you were my boss or my co-worker or my husband....you would have seen my stink eye by now!
      Several times too!
      LOL
      Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

dump run1.jpg dumping.jpg

Dumped a load today. Tenant paid his bill, loaded the garbage and paid the dump fee. I hauled it and dumped it. And bought myself that lunch when I was done
        We might disagree on this a little lady5563, but I am very pleased to have an empty unit that will rent for $20 more per month and a happy customer who is free of all the garbage in his life.

Comment

And the barrels were empty, by the way. Not full of toxic waste!

Comment

Originally posted by helenatim View Post
            dump run1.jpg dumping.jpg

Dumped a load today. Tenant paid his bill, loaded the garbage and paid the dump fee. I hauled it and dumped it. And bought myself that lunch when I was done
            We might disagree on this a little lady5563, but I am very pleased to have an empty unit that will rent for $20 more per month and a happy customer who is free of all the garbage in his life.
            How much was his dump fee?
            Is the dump fee always the same fee?
            I am happy that you treated yourself to lunch!
            Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

This was $75 fee. Dump fees differ depending on weight.

Comment

To the facilities that are charging trash fees or dumping fees, how are you actually collecting? I occasionally have customers move out and leave trash in the unit, but other than the threat of charging them, how do you actually exercise this? I could see how this may be charged in a CC if on file, but they can dispute this. For those paying cash/check, I see no way to collect this.

Comment

My CC authorization form that must be signed for us to hold a card in the system includes that any charges owed at move out will be charged to the card. So that helps if they would try to dispute it.

Generally, the threat of the charge and that I'll send them to collections if it isn't paid is enough to get them to pay.

But occasionally over the last 14 years I've had to just write it off, too.
                  MamaDuke

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X