Happy Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Monday

Very First call of the day, is a super pissed tenant. He's late... again, and this time he got the pre-lien notice that is set to go out after 17 days. First late Fee, then Lockout Fee and Pre-Lien Fee... he's only been with us for going on 3 months and been late every month or NSF. Anyhow told me he is going to contact his attorney and sue us because he is not 30 days late, it states 'not earlier than 30 days after default' and I told him he is not 30 days but 17 days late. Well he continues on with how is going to pay and move out! I said "ok, have a nice day"... which I get "you bitch!'... ugh..

I'd be handing that one a termination notice.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

DairyGirl, really? due to failure to comply with rules (being late) and the obvious..

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
        I'd be handing that one a termination notice.
        100% agree. Completely out of line and it won't get any better. I'd send him the termination immediately and would communicate with him in writing only from this point forward.

Life's too short and rent for one unit too little to put up with people like this.
        In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

You should definitely tell your supervisor. In all my years no one has called me something like that/ if they did my boss would first of all having some words with him,. and then I guess terminate the lease, those are harsh words.... We give the customers respect/ they should return it....

Comment

So if I do terminate this guy; how many days notice? I'd like to give him a 5-day notice, however, by our rental agreement it says '10 notice to terminate either by Owner or Occupant' and then we will be out this months rent as well; unless he pays and I'm able to get him to sign the eviction notice. Or just not worry about the rent and get him out. Obviously he's not doing well with finances if he's been late and refuses to keep a card on file.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie720 View Post
              DairyGirl, really? due to failure to comply with rules (being late) and the obvious..
              Absolutely. Not for being late (you'd have to terminate every other tenant that pays late to make it "fair"), but for the name calling. It won't get better and you're better off getting rid of him. He'll be a major headache if you don't.

Comment

So if I do terminate this guy; how many days notice? I'd like to give him a 5-day notice, however, by our rental agreement it says '10 notice to terminate either by Owner or Occupant' and then we will be out this months rent as well; unless he pays and I'm able to get him to sign the eviction notice. Or just not worry about the rent and get him out. Obviously he's not doing well with finances if he's been late and refuses to keep a card on file.
                If you can get him out in the 10 days, I'd just eat the month's rent to have him gone.

Comment

sounds to me like you give him 10 days notice, per your contract. Period. He doesn't need to sign anything if you give him proper notice. Maybe wait a day or two, and when/if he pays you THEN hand him the notice. I'd get him the notice before Wednesday though, then he's got to be out by the 30th and you're not going into a new month. Most rental agreements are written as repeating 30 day rentals as long as both parties agree and payment is made.

You're just saying you're no longer willing to provide him space to rent. Also, I'd write down what happened on your phone call, time and date.
                  In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Thank you everyone for holding my hand on this.. this website is my absolute go-to for help.

Comment

Anyhow told me he is going to contact his attorney and sue us .

I LOVE when tenants who can't pay their bill on time threaten us with "calling their attorney" ... If you can't pay your $100 storage bill, I find it very hard to believe you have an attorney on retainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Florida247 View Post

I LOVE when tenants who can't pay their bill on time threaten us with "calling their attorney" ... If you can't pay your $100 storage bill, I find it very hard to believe you have an attorney on retainer.
                        Internet/You tube Lawyers or, as we used to call them in the Corps, Sea lawyers or Barracks lawyers

Comment

Don't forget to put a sealed copy of the termination letter on his unit, on the off chance he pays and tries to play dumb. Post on the unit, mail a copy and be done with him. Abuse of staff is absolutely unacceptable and grounds for termination of his lease.
                          Gina 6k
                          twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                          VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                          [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                          I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

I haven't heard a peep from him or his 'attorney'... been ready for him to stop in and pay (got my mace here with me, something about this guy is off) but I am ready to pursue Lien with him come next week if he doesn't pay by then..smh. If he does, I have a termination letter ready to hand to him.

Comment

update * Never got a chance to get him terminated. So I'm getting ready to auction his unit and it has a motorcycle and some other stinky junk. The bike looks decent (I think its a harley) other than the wiring harness is in disarray, so most likely doesn't run. I'm going to the DMV on Friday to do a VIN search on it, but what I need to know is:
                              a.) do I just have it towed after 60 days
                              b.) can it be included in the auction (its the only thing with value)

The guy is only 40 days past due at this point; I've left messages, sent emails and a certified letter. I haven't gotten a response. Haven't even heard from his attorney,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X