Happy Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shortie720 View Post
    update * Never got a chance to get him terminated. So I'm getting ready to auction his unit and it has a motorcycle and some other stinky junk. The bike looks decent (I think its a harley) other than the wiring harness is in disarray, so most likely doesn't run. I'm going to the DMV on Friday to do a VIN search on it, but what I need to know is:
    a.) do I just have it towed after 60 days
    b.) can it be included in the auction (its the only thing with value)

The guy is only 40 days past due at this point; I've left messages, sent emails and a certified letter. I haven't gotten a response. Haven't even heard from his attorney,
    Depends on what your lien statutes say about motor vehicles. In Florida, we can't lien til 60 days past due. We can go through the DMV to be able sell OR have it towed. I choose to have it towed; it's just easier for me. While you are at the DMV about the VIN, you could also ask them the process for you to sell at auction. Might be worth it to you to be able to auction it and at least get something back out of it.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post

Depends on what your lien statutes say about motor vehicles. In Florida, we can't lien til 60 days past due. We can go through the DMV to be able sell OR have it towed. I choose to have it towed; it's just easier for me. While you are at the DMV about the VIN, you could also ask them the process for you to sell at auction. Might be worth it to you to be able to auction it and at least get something back out of it.
      Good Morning!
      I went to the DMV this morning, they confirmed it is not registered to this guy. The manager said it be considered abandoned but to read the DMV Rules. I believe after 60 days it can be sold, then I can to a Certificate of Possessory Lien Foreclosure.

Comment

You should contact the person that it is registered to, they pay the back rent to get it out.

Comment

Originally posted by SBAZ View Post
          You should contact the person that it is registered to, they pay the back rent to get it out.
          The DMV wouldn't give me a name..... its top secret stuff!

Comment

interesting, they give it to us here in AZ, That way I am not selling someone else's vehicle... We have paperwork we take and they give us a full print out/ lien holder etc...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X