Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online auction buyers...

Auction ended at 10:30am on Friday

My instructions plainly stated that auction pickups are by appointment only.

I called, emailed, and texted the buyer on Friday, reiterating that they need to get in touch to set up a time for cleanout.

No response.

I called, emailed and texted the buyer, again this morning, reiterating that they need to get in touch to set up a time for cleanout.

No response.

5:45 this afternoon, I get a call...

"Hey, a$$hole, I'm at your gate, just drove two hours to get here to pick up my auction stuff, and you're not here. WTF bro?"

Needless to say, that coversation turned toxic, really fast. And of course it was my fault that he doesn't read messages or answer his phone.

Are these people the dumbest humans on the planet?

The few that I have done are mostly parallel experiences, the ST site I used has done little to help. I had one on a 5x5 unit that met me, paid, loaded everything up then called me to get their cleaning deposit back. I met her & then she stated it was really all just a bunch of junk & they wanted their money back (everything was in their truck and the unit empty mind you) uh, NO!! I contacted ST to have them banned & they told me that the buyers had called in complaining about the auction. Their complaint went no where but still....

Comment

I've never had an auction bidder swear at me like that, but if I did I would immediately ban them from stepping foot on the property and would call the auction company to tell them that and to give the unit to the next highest bidder. That's inexcusable behavior.

Comment

That is awful that they acted like that

Comment

I am getting concerned hearing about all the problems with the online bidders. If this keeps happening I will go back to live auctions.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelguy View Post
            I am getting concerned hearing about all the problems with the online bidders. If this keeps happening I will go back to live auctions.
            Oh heck no! Not for me. I can't stand all the crowds and stress of live auctions. 95% of our online bidders are fine.

Comment

I have often wondered if people who are supposedly banned from bidding on the auction sites are actually banned. Maybe we need to start a thread on bidders who are suppose to be banned and see if they are actually being banned. If they were you would think the declined credit cards, and problem bidders would eventually get less and less. Its all about money. I have a hunch the only thing they do is keep them from bidding on your auctions again but let them bid on everyone elses auctions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
                I have often wondered if people who are supposedly banned from bidding on the auction sites are actually banned. Maybe we need to start a thread on bidders who are suppose to be banned and see if they are actually being banned. If they were you would think the declined credit cards, and problem bidders would eventually get less and less. Its all about money. I have a hunch the only thing they do is keep them from bidding on your auctions again but let them bid on everyone elses auctions.
                All they have to do is open another account with a different email address. I've had it happen!
                MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post

All they have to do is open another account with a different email address. I've had it happen!
                  I would hope these auction sites would cross-reference more than just an email address when a banned bidder tries to create a new account. They should also be checking for the name, phone number, email address, billing address, etc. Of course people could change those as well or have a friend sign up on their behalf, but at least they would have to jump through more hoops than just an email address change.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bubba
                    A customer calls 5 minutes until closing time....
                    by Bubba
                    A customer calls us 5 minutes before closing time needing a unit tonight. (First red flag.) We did have some units available. Their kid is moving that night. I explain to her the rental process, collect her data, etc. Two things left to do. Send me her ID and sign the lease. For the life of her...
                    Today, 05:58 PM
                  • Bubba
                    Reply to So this is a HUGE problem…anyone else dealt with this?
                    by Bubba
                    .This is why due diligence is so important before buying. As a buyer, one of my biggest concerns is fake accounts being created to boost the numbers.

To answer your question, follow your state lien laws. I would probably take an extra step and consult with a self storage attorney just...
                    Today, 05:52 PM
                  • Jblake
                    Reply to Creating a No Rent List
                    by Jblake
                    A “DO NOT RENT LIST” is a feature offered in Storage Commander software and to the best of my knowledge it is the only storage management software that offers this....
                    Today, 02:34 PM
                  Working...
                  X