Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storage treasures hands off approach is making it very difficult to auction units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage treasures hands off approach is making it very difficult to auction units

So I had an online auction on storage treasures and of course the high bidder had a declined credit card which seem to be happening more and more. I don't know why they don't put a small hold on the customers credit card when they place their first bid to see if the card is any good. It would prevent 90 percent of the issues I have with the site. Anyway in the past all I did was call storage treasures and they would call a couple back up bidders and find someone to purchase the unit, and sometimes a back up bidder would make an offer and you could accept and clear the unit out. Now its all automated. You get online and file a case and that's where any hope of getting a back up bidder stopped. I made a total of 5 phone calls to storage treasures trying to get a back up bidder and was on hold an average of 15-20 minutes each time. They no longer call back up bidders or allow offers to be made. They send emails and text messages to the bidders is all they do. I ask them to call the back up bidders because my experience with emails and text messages in my area no one reads them or responds to them. Three of the people I talked to on the phone said they would call back up bidders, but none of them did. I had a customer who won another auction at my facility who was a back up bidder on this particular unit and he said he got no phone calls and was only offered a back up bid of the next highest bid, nothing else. So I called storage treasures and ask them why no one was contacted by phone an why no other offers were made to back up bidders. They informed me that emails and text messages are sent to all back up bidders at the next highest bid. This is crazy. If the next highest bid is not accepted why isn't the bid dropped to the next highest bidder and so on until it gets sold like it used to? Why can't they make an offer anymore? I was also informed by one of the storage treasure customer service agents that I had to let the process play out for 7 days before I could do anything with the unit. The next customer service rep told me I could pull out anytime so I am not sure which is correct. Needless to say after 5 phone calls and over an hour on the phone I ended up not getting a back up bidder and stuck with the unit. I know I would have sold the unit if they still did it like they used to. In my experience their customer service has really went downhill.

Yep, see my reply in " Looking for input on online auction sites" thread

Comment

Exhibit A on why I don't use them!

Comment

I have used Storage Treasures 3 times and the last 2 times I had to get a back-up bidder ..... who did come thru. I am getting worried about that. However, I am getting higher bids all around .... so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
          So I had an online auction on storage treasures and of course the high bidder had a declined credit card which seem to be happening more and more. I don't know why they don't put a small hold on the customers credit card when they place their first bid to see if the card is any good. It would prevent 90 percent of the issues I have with the site. Anyway in the past all I did was call storage treasures and they would call a couple back up bidders and find someone to purchase the unit, and sometimes a back up bidder would make an offer and you could accept and clear the unit out. Now its all automated. You get online and file a case and that's where any hope of getting a back up bidder stopped. I made a total of 5 phone calls to storage treasures trying to get a back up bidder and was on hold an average of 15-20 minutes each time. They no longer call back up bidders or allow offers to be made. They send emails and text messages to the bidders is all they do. I ask them to call the back up bidders because my experience with emails and text messages in my area no one reads them or responds to them. Three of the people I talked to on the phone said they would call back up bidders, but none of them did. I had a customer who won another auction at my facility who was a back up bidder on this particular unit and he said he got no phone calls and was only offered a back up bid of the next highest bid, nothing else. So I called storage treasures and ask them why no one was contacted by phone an why no other offers were made to back up bidders. They informed me that emails and text messages are sent to all back up bidders at the next highest bid. This is crazy. If the next highest bid is not accepted why isn't the bid dropped to the next highest bidder and so on until it gets sold like it used to? Why can't they make an offer anymore? I was also informed by one of the storage treasure customer service agents that I had to let the process play out for 7 days before I could do anything with the unit. The next customer service rep told me I could pull out anytime so I am not sure which is correct. Needless to say after 5 phone calls and over an hour on the phone I ended up not getting a back up bidder and stuck with the unit. I know I would have sold the unit if they still did it like they used to. In my experience their customer service has really went downhill.
          Surprise surprise. I sold this unit again on storage treasures and another declined credit card. Guess this unit is going to the landfill. I can't have a unit tied up for a month because storage treasures can't verify if credit cards are any good when someone places a bid.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bubba
            A customer calls 5 minutes until closing time....
            by Bubba
            A customer calls us 5 minutes before closing time needing a unit tonight. (First red flag.) We did have some units available. Their kid is moving that night. I explain to her the rental process, collect her data, etc. Two things left to do. Send me her ID and sign the lease. For the life of her...
            Today, 05:58 PM
          • Bubba
            Reply to So this is a HUGE problem…anyone else dealt with this?
            by Bubba
            .This is why due diligence is so important before buying. As a buyer, one of my biggest concerns is fake accounts being created to boost the numbers.

To answer your question, follow your state lien laws. I would probably take an extra step and consult with a self storage attorney just...
            Today, 05:52 PM
          • Jblake
            Reply to Creating a No Rent List
            by Jblake
            A “DO NOT RENT LIST” is a feature offered in Storage Commander software and to the best of my knowledge it is the only storage management software that offers this....
            Today, 02:34 PM
          Working...
          X