Looking for input on online auction sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for input on online auction sites

I am looking for a new online auction site for lien units. I have always used storage treasures but am having too many issues trying to auction units. I have been researching bid 13 which looks appealing but I am not sure if as many people are familiar with their site. I also think taking a video as opposed to still photos requires more work. I would like to find a site that actually checks the customers credit card before a bid is accepted. Looking for feedback from anyone else that has switched to something else and their experience.

I'm also having trouble with Storage Treasures. Last 3 winning bidders have been no-shows.

In my opinion, all of these auction sites are operating under a flawed model. They should be collecting ALL of the money and then sending us the net proceeds after each succesfull auction (much like EBAY).

This process of just charging the winner a token fee upfront encourages slackitude...nah, bruh, it's Saturday and I'm hungover and I don't have any cash...I aint drivin over there to pick up that junk.

Comment

We have always gone with selfstorageauction.com and had pretty successful auctions. Although it's not perfect and I have requested a couple of bidders be banned from their site.

Comment

I am looking for a new site also.

-1 on Storage Treasures for me as well, same issues as listed above.
        I tried storageauctions.com, not much bidder turnout & low $ results for end of auction. May be the NE region I am in, I noticed in the SW they seem to have a larger presence.

Comment

I've tried a couple others but no one gets bids anywhere close to storage treasures so I keep going back to them

Comment

I use storage treasures and can't really speak of bad outcomes.
            If a bidder is a wee bit cray cray I just ban them on the site!

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

We’ve had good dealings with bid13. Someone mentioned having to take still pictures. You don’t have to do that, just the video and then they get the stills from the video and post them. Really easy process.

Comment

Originally posted by Scvette View Post
                We’ve had good dealings with bid13. Someone mentioned having to take still pictures. You don’t have to do that, just the video and then they get the stills from the video and post them. Really easy process.
                Do they verify a customers credit card before they place a bunch of bids? What happens if you need a back up bidder? Will they keep going down the line until they find a back up bidder and let you take offers if no back up is found?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post

Do they verify a customers credit card before they place a bunch of bids? What happens if you need a back up bidder? Will they keep going down the line until they find a back up bidder and let you take offers if no back up is found?
                  I have used Bid13 for about the last 4 years or so. I have been very happy. Yes I do get people occasionally, that don't take everything. I also get people who don't show up. But for the most part everything goes pretty smooth. They will go down to backup bidders if needed.

Bidders are required to have a credit card on file to bid, but they are declined from time to time at the conclusion of an auction. Even if they did as you said when the account is created, there would be a way for the account to still be declined later when bidding on auctions.

Taking videos is pretty easy, does require a decent internet connection to upload them in a timely manner.

I think the biggest thing is managers need to keep a record of their auction winners, so if you ever decide to change services you can send out a email to potential bidders telling them you have changed sites.

Once someone has a bidding account with bid13, they will be notified by email every time a new auction starts within 200 miles of their location.

One of my facilities is in the 52404 zip code and I have quite a few auctions ending tomorrow if you want to see the type of bids I get with bid13.com

Comment

We have used Bid13 for a year now and have no problems with it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bubba
                      A customer calls 5 minutes until closing time....
                      by Bubba
                      A customer calls us 5 minutes before closing time needing a unit tonight. (First red flag.) We did have some units available. Their kid is moving that night. I explain to her the rental process, collect her data, etc. Two things left to do. Send me her ID and sign the lease. For the life of her...
                      Today, 05:58 PM
                    • Bubba
                      Reply to So this is a HUGE problem…anyone else dealt with this?
                      by Bubba
                      .This is why due diligence is so important before buying. As a buyer, one of my biggest concerns is fake accounts being created to boost the numbers.

To answer your question, follow your state lien laws. I would probably take an extra step and consult with a self storage attorney just...
                      Today, 05:52 PM
                    • Jblake
                      Reply to Creating a No Rent List
                      by Jblake
                      A “DO NOT RENT LIST” is a feature offered in Storage Commander software and to the best of my knowledge it is the only storage management software that offers this....
                      Today, 02:34 PM
                    Working...
                    X