Auto/RV/vehical wreck stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto/RV/vehical wreck stories?

I'm Steve, a newbe here. My wife is Cynde and we've been managing a few different properties for about 26 years. We have been in San Antonio for about 5 years now. But just wondering if anyone out there has any interesting stories about RV's or U Hauls or monster trucks going where they shouldn't have on your properties and what damage they did? Pics would be cool too......

Hmmm, not sure if this story is more about theft than wrecks or damage. LOL Managed Large facility in Florida (16 acres parking, 4 story climate, etc you get the picture). Parking was tractor/trailers, boats, buses...with a lot of traffic. We started having a problem with fuel theft out of these vehicles. Our cameras weren't the best at the time so we couldn't get a good ID on the person. Picture us sitting on top floor of this building with binoculars trying to catch the thief for several nights. Fun times! One early morning we saw that our gate was held open because someone had thrown a towel over the sensor. The maintenance guy jumps on the golf cart to go take a look around. The next thing I see is this car hauler comes barreling around the corner, bottom deck was down dragging and digging up the asphalt AND our gate track along the way! The little golf cart tried to stop them but couldn't keep up. Luckily, the police caught up with them not far away. Not sure if we stopped a vehicle theft or not, but the fuel thefts stopped after that too!

Comment

Hi and thanks for the story. It's a good thing the guy on the golf cart wasn't at the front end of that truck. That could have turned out really bad. The property we manage now is in San Antonio and have been here 5 years and faces I 10. Like 50' out from the office. The access road to I 10 is 3 lanes, speed limit about 35 MPH but all do about 50+. So about 2 months ago at about 10:30 we were already in bed in our room that is upstairs and faces I 10. So we had turned in early and about 10:30 and what sounded and felt like a 747 crashing right out our front window, was a full size F150 pickup going right under our widow completely out of control doing close to 100 MPH, said by witnesses, and then hit a metal light pole just past us at a car dealership, bent the pole over at a 45 degree angle, slid up it about 30' then fell down to earth and pinned the guy in. So he lived but had to be cut out. Anyway it took out lots of our plants, took the bottom half of out front sign out and only missed coming into our bedroom by about 15'. Mud from his tires was thrown up to the top of the office and our bedroom windows on the 2nd floor. Anyway what a way to be woke up......

Comment

Originally posted by Steve K View Post
        Hi and thanks for the story. It's a good thing the guy on the golf cart wasn't at the front end of that truck. That could have turned out really bad. The property we manage now is in San Antonio and have been here 5 years and faces I 10. Like 50' out from the office. The access road to I 10 is 3 lanes, speed limit about 35 MPH but all do about 50+. So about 2 months ago at about 10:30 we were already in bed in our room that is upstairs and faces I 10. So we had turned in early and about 10:30 and what sounded and felt like a 747 crashing right out our front window, was a full size F150 pickup going right under our widow completely out of control doing close to 100 MPH, said by witnesses, and then hit a metal light pole just past us at a car dealership, bent the pole over at a 45 degree angle, slid up it about 30' then fell down to earth and pinned the guy in. So he lived but had to be cut out. Anyway it took out lots of our plants, took the bottom half of out front sign out and only missed coming into our bedroom by about 15'. Mud from his tires was thrown up to the top of the office and our bedroom windows on the 2nd floor. Anyway what a way to be woke up......
        I'll bet the adrenaline crash was terrible. Yikes-what a mess!
        "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
        Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
        Always sunny in California

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X