Truck rental insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck rental insurance

I have just purchased a new 14í box truck for my storage business. We currently offer free use of our truck with the larger sized units as well as renting it out to tenants and non-tenants. We have that truck insured with On The Move and pay less than $200/month for insurance. I was recently told that there is a $10,000 licensing fee for my new truck. I just canít wrap my head around this cost. Obviously Iím looking for a new commercial truck leasing company. Can anyone recommend another company?

Jersey Girl ... That would make me whopping mad too. However, I think you have some mistaken information. Trucks that are acquired through our fleet do not have any licensing fee at all!!! Nada! Zippola! Now, if someone went and bought some other vehicle from outside our fleet (we offer used and new trucks and our new trucks cover the gamut in makes and models), then we have difficulty in adding them to our insurance program because of insurable interest. In that case, a licensing fee can be charged. If you have specific question, feel free to give me a call directly (you are our client so you know the number). Sorry for just now replying, I just saw your post.

Comment

First post and no introduction?
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

pacNWstorage, arghh! Yes, i kinda suck but i was a little scared off by the terms and conditions. I didnt want to be considered to be advertising my company. On that note, i will do an intro in another thread. Appreciate the advice.

Comment

I was talking about Jerseygirl46

Comment

Well, I did the same myself-more or less.

Comment

I know, but I can only "chastise" one new member at a time. I don't bundle. I am an equal opportunity chastiser.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X