Truck rental insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck rental insurance

I have just purchased a new 14í box truck for my storage business. We currently offer free use of our truck with the larger sized units as well as renting it out to tenants and non-tenants. We have that truck insured with On The Move and pay less than $200/month for insurance. I was recently told that there is a $10,000 licensing fee for my new truck. I just canít wrap my head around this cost. Obviously Iím looking for a new commercial truck leasing company. Can anyone recommend another company?

Jersey Girl ... That would make me whopping mad too. However, I think you have some mistaken information. Trucks that are acquired through our fleet do not have any licensing fee at all!!! Nada! Zippola! Now, if someone went and bought some other vehicle from outside our fleet (we offer used and new trucks and our new trucks cover the gamut in makes and models), then we have difficulty in adding them to our insurance program because of insurable interest. In that case, a licensing fee can be charged. If you have specific question, feel free to give me a call directly (you are our client so you know the number). Sorry for just now replying, I just saw your post.

Comment

First post and no introduction?
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

pacNWstorage, arghh! Yes, i kinda suck but i was a little scared off by the terms and conditions. I didnt want to be considered to be advertising my company. On that note, i will do an intro in another thread. Appreciate the advice.

Comment

I was talking about Jerseygirl46

Comment

Well, I did the same myself-more or less.

Comment

I know, but I can only "chastise" one new member at a time. I don't bundle. I am an equal opportunity chastiser.

Comment

Just saw this post and maybe I can offer some help here as we just went thru the same issue. OTM is a fine company as long as you buy the truck from them. However, if you buy the truck elsewhere they are like the mob - pure extortion - and charge 5-10K just to have the privilege of placing your vehicle with them. I am in CA and they don't have used trucks here (those are all in Texas). After looking everywhere and calling everyone we found a company called GMI that will provide the insurance for less than OTM does and they don't require you buy a truck! Good luck...

Comment

Hi TimInSoCal. Thanks for your post sharing your experience. Sorry that you found our services less than exceptional. I also appreciate you being specific which allows me to offer some additional insight.

OTM offers a Truck Rental program (among other services and products) designed to help SS owners make additional revenue. If you are going to rent a truck, it needs insurance. So, our insurance is offered AS PART OF the truck that you get from us. We do not charge any money to be part of the plan with our truck. If you want a truck, you can get that anywhere (usually at a higher price and lower quality than from us).

But if you want our insurance, you get the truck from us too. Simple concept actually but sorry if that was not explained to you. Now, all that said, when you get your more expensive truck someplace else you will NOT find comparable insurance elsewhere. We offer $5 million liability coverage in our policies. No other company offers more than $1 million for rental vehicles. Other companies also charge about the same as us for about 20% of the coverage we provide.

Feel free to post a redacted copy of your insurance policy if you found differently.

Ask yourself ... if, God forbid, something tragic did happen and you were sued, would you rather have $1MM or 5 times that in insurance coverage? The insurance company lawyers fight HARD for $5MM. Less so for only a million.

And we are actually quite nice, so no sleeping with the fishes or horse heads in your bed for you!
                  Last edited by Mike@OnTheMoveTrucks.com; 14th May 2019, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                    First post and no introduction?
                    Pac, she posted her question on
                    28th August 2018, 04:15 PM
                    I wonder if she even has come back to the forums!
                    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Sometimes I don't see those details. Once I posted that she probably left while muttering expletives about me under her breath.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                        Sometimes I don't see those details. Once I posted that she probably left while muttering expletives about me under her breath.
                        So she knows you then.....? JUST Kidding! You mutter too sometimes you've said......NO Not YOU! I'll do it for you! hahahahaaha
                        Tall Terri

The customer's fantasy doesn't always match with reality!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KrisinNC
                          Reply to Powered stalls
                          by KrisinNC
                          That seems like a great idea-though place them somewhere they won't get damaged when a senior citizen inevitably knocks into one side of the other. I've had many phone calls for powered spaces so they can run dehumidifiers or a trickle charge for their battery....
                          Today, 03:04 PM
                        • KatherineAD
                          Reply to new to storage
                          by KatherineAD
                          No. I write for those magazines and blogs, and of course I belong to SSA!
                          Today, 02:46 PM
                        • tandrle
                          Powered stalls
                          by tandrle
                          Anyone renting powered units, for charging boats/rv's etc.. as I am planning out a facility I had though of putting in smart outlets or some sort into the stalls. Then using automation to enable or disable depending on the charged rent for the space....
                          Today, 02:39 PM
                        Working...
                        X