Selling Locks? Retail?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Locks? Retail?

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm going to shoot for it anyway. When it comes to selling locks to customers, are you required to have a certain permit since you are selling good and products (retail) and not just renting out space? Thanks.

I sell the locks as retail with no problems. Not many of them but a few. If you would need a permit I would just advertise in the office that you sell rocks, for whatever price you sell the lock for, and with each rock the customer gets a free lock.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

You would need a seller's permit to sell any merchandise. This is how you submit sales tax.

You can confirm this when you get your business license.
      MamaDuke

Comment

Fortunately I don't have to pay any sales tax in Oregon.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

If it's the only thing sold, many operators will opt to have a move in service fee (in states where services are not taxes but goods are) and you give every client a free lock with move in.

Comment

We offer a free disc lock to every new tenant as a gift. Most customers appreciate, some prefer to bring their own though.
            You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PeekingDuck
              Reply to Gutter Guards For Standing Seam Roof
              PeekingDuck
              It is aluminum window screen, so yes, it is very flexible. But, the globs of caulk hold it in place very well.
              You need something that has a good slope from the roof to the top of the gutter to allow the wind to push the leaves up and out.
              I tried a few of the foam wedges made for house...
              Today, 07:32 PM
            • Grizz
              Reply to Pro Rating Lease suggestions
              Grizz
              Are all these options available in site-link?
              Today, 07:00 PM
            • Grizz
              Reply to Naming a new facility
              Grizz
              City storage.com is perfect. You want the search engines to find you fast and first. And people will search in the cities they are living in or moving to with terms such as "Abq Storage mini storage", outdoor storage, heated storage, etc....

Fancy and fun names dont make the phone...
              Today, 06:48 PM
            Working...
            X