Selling Locks? Retail?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Locks? Retail?

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm going to shoot for it anyway. When it comes to selling locks to customers, are you required to have a certain permit since you are selling good and products (retail) and not just renting out space? Thanks.

I sell the locks as retail with no problems. Not many of them but a few. If you would need a permit I would just advertise in the office that you sell rocks, for whatever price you sell the lock for, and with each rock the customer gets a free lock.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

You would need a seller's permit to sell any merchandise. This is how you submit sales tax.

You can confirm this when you get your business license.
      MamaDuke

Comment

Fortunately I don't have to pay any sales tax in Oregon.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

If it's the only thing sold, many operators will opt to have a move in service fee (in states where services are not taxes but goods are) and you give every client a free lock with move in.

Comment

We offer a free disc lock to every new tenant as a gift. Most customers appreciate, some prefer to bring their own though.
            You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Billings Storage
              Reply to Fence? Locks? I need help to slow these guys down.
              by Billings Storage
              I know I am politically incorrect but how about a minefield, I detest thieves. The cable thing would be your best bet my bosses other business was broken in and they now have it, seems to have stopped the stealing.
              Today, 09:39 PM
            • Alicia1018
              Reply to Break In
              by Alicia1018
              Thanks pacnwstorage, I think I'm over-thinking about it lol. It does make sense. I know we have had issues with other tenants in the past where we have had 2 people on a contract, before I started....
              Today, 08:34 PM
            • pacnwstorage
              Reply to Units broken into, renter wants a refund
              by pacnwstorage
              "Even the biggest self-storage companies are broken into."

Not here, in 23 years. Especially in the last 5.5 years the security is tighter and tighter. I don't just live here and work in an office. This whole facility is my home and so far, due diligence has remained at the fore...
              Today, 07:28 PM
            Working...
            X