Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Process for removing a delinquent tenants vehicle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process for removing a delinquent tenants vehicle.

Hi everyone!
    I tried searching through the forums for a good answer and saw some possible options, but want to get more info if possible. (If this is a duplicate thread or belongs somewhere else, please redirect!)

I run a fairly new storage facility in Oregon, read and re-read Oregon's Lien Law, and successfully conducted a couple auctions. But now we have a tenant who is storing a vehicle in an outdoor space that is quickly coming up to auction and I'm lost lol.

Any Oregonians (or people from states with similar laws lol) able to help me out? What is the process for vehicle auction? Is it possible to just tow out? And if so, is there any official documentation I need to have ready?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I am in Eugene, Oregon. I have done this before. First, hopefully you made sure the tenant name on the lease is the same as the copy of the CURRENT title or registration for the vehicle. If not, then strike one. Hopefully you did get a copy of the title or registration of the vehicle, if not then strike two. If you do decide to go thru the process of the auction with the vehicle and have not looked and matched the VIN numbers, then strike three. Any pre-lien or lien notices you send out to the tenant also have to be sent to any lien holder. If you are going to auction you also need to do a title search to make sure the copies you have are current. If the rent and fees have not been paid by the time you decide whether to auction off or not, then you can have the vehicle towed and reference statute 87.691 6(a) thru 6 (c) and reference statute 98.812

Also, welcome to the forum
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

You can also PM me for any questions and clarification of what I posted.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Thank you for the reply. PM sent!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X