Oregon Late Fee/Lien Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Late Fee/Lien Process

So my company is about to open a facility in Oregon and I have spoken to a couple of facilities in the area and have gotten some different answers on the actual laws and processes. I am looking to see if some of you saviors in Oregon could share your late fee schedule and what is required by state law and when. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Oregon State Storage Statute 87.694 is what you should live by. Get a printout of all the state storage statutes and become very familiar with them. The rent will either be due on the 1st of the month or the anniversary date, which would be each month on the same date that they move in. If the tenant does not pay on that date, then they are considered late on the following day after midnight of that morning.

I used to work at a place that locked out the unit and gate and charged the late fee on the 5th day. I am now at a place that does all that on the 10th day. I do wish we were on the 5th day but I do not make that decision. You can charge whatever you want for late fees as long as they do not exceed either $20 or 20% of the rent due and charge that only once a month. That is what the statute states that I gave you the number for. We charge a fee of either $10, $15 or $20 depending on the cut off of the amount of rent.

For instance: rent of $1 to $60 a month gets a late fee of $10. Rent of $61 a month and up to and including $99 gets a late fee of $15. Any rent on a unit that is $100 or more gets a late fee of $20.

You can PM me for further details and I will be glad to help you. I am in Eugene, Or. Where is your facility? If you are new, there will be so much more to know and discuss. Know your statutes. Know your statutes. Know your statutes. The ones for self storage units are 87.685 to 87.695. There are other statutes that control vehicles and towing of vehicles and some other finer details.
    Last edited by pacnwstorage; 28th October 2018, 01:09 AM.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X