Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandyL
    replied
    Im a little shocked here the tiny house sold for just $136.00. Definitely a specialty item.

Leave a comment:

• RandyL
    replied
    This is a home made trailer for sure I know there is no VIN number on it.. I actually got to look at it before it had any structure on it. The trailer was specifically built for the home he was putting on it.

I imagine the buyer may end up demolishing what the person has built and using the trailer for their own needs. I would expect that trailer cost 4-6k to be built.

Leave a comment:

• DairyGirl
    replied
    Have you checked with your local tax collector's office? They may be able to help, or point you in the right direction if they can't.

Leave a comment:

• Merman
    replied
    https://gypsyturtlejournal.com/2016/...my-tiny-house/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TinyHouses/...ale_and_title/

I didn't find much and nothing that applied to a lien sale of one of those things in a storage unit. Like Pac was saying, if there's no VIN, I think you're good to sell it just like any other unit. You can call it a homemade thingamabob and the buyer can do the initial registration as a homemade trailer if they want.
    If the trailer does have a VIN, I'm assuming you'll need to jump through the normal hoops of auctioning a car, or just have it towed as an abandoned vehicle and let the tow guys put a lien on the thing since they're used to that process.

Leave a comment:

• KrisinWA
    replied
    Always something new under the sun.

Leave a comment:

• pacnwstorage
    replied
    I would not think it is titled till it is complete, if at all. The trailer it is on may have a VIN but you said homemade so I doubt that as well. Sell it and let the buyer deal with it. Or not.

Leave a comment:

• RandyL
    started a topic Tiny House in Lien Sale

Tiny House in Lien Sale

So I have a 1st for me in current online sale. I have a tenant that was building a tiny house himself that has defaulted on his unit. It is now for sale in our online auction process. Does anyone know if there is any special titling for that? I would assume it would just be registered as a home made trailer, so there would be no issues passing title. But I figured this may be a unique enough circumstance that maybe I should look into more. I would say the home is only 30% complete at this time, so it is no where close to a finished product. I have no idea if it is event road worthy.

I don't think it would be appropriate to link to the active online sale but if someone wants a link they can send me a private message or email me at [email protected]

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X