No announcement yet.

Firearms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violation #1. The tenant must lock their units, all of them.
    Period
    TERMINATE him
    OR
    Call him to the "Principals Office"
    Have the "Come to Jesus" talk with him.
    Let him know you are on to his antics and that form now one you will no longer tolerate his funny business.
    Document Document Document everything.
    Every encounter that you have with this guy.
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by Merman View Post
      I'm not aware of any legality regarding storing firearms. I encourage all customers to not store firearms in the unit. For me it's a personal recommendation. If the need ever arises to use one, they don't do you any good locked up in a storage unit. We don't allow ammo, propane tanks, oxy acetylene tanks, etc. that could potentially go kaboom.

The same issue pops up at almost any storage place. If you don't have an FFL, you can't sell the firearms in an auction. I can't imagine many if any places will maintain a license on the off chance that a unit going to auction may have guns in them. We can't keep the extra proceeds anyhow. If an auction buyer finds one, they have two choices, quietly put them in their car and enjoy the nice find, or tell me and have the local police stop by and take them all away.
      In Texas, we don't need a license to sell the firearms in an auctioned unit. We are not heavily selling firearms on a daily basis so we are excluded from needing a license. Good ole Texas

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post

In Texas, we don't need a license to sell the firearms in an auctioned unit. We are not heavily selling firearms on a daily basis so we are excluded from needing a license. Good ole Texas
        When did that change? I remember the TSSA Gold book as recent as 2017 stating if you *see* firearms in a unit you must remove them prior to auctioning the unit. It has nothing to do with if you're licensed to sale them, it has to do with if the person buying the unit is legally allowed to purchase firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post

When did that change? I remember the TSSA Gold book as recent as 2017 stating if you *see* firearms in a unit you must remove them prior to auctioning the unit. It has nothing to do with if you're licensed to sale them, it has to do with if the person buying the unit is legally allowed to purchase firearms.
          Not sure when it changed, but the 2018-2019 Gold book doesn't restrict it and states that we as non-dealers do not need a license to sell firearms in an auctioned unit.

Comment

Orkocean
            From Gold Book 2018-2019
            "If you find the occasional weapon in a storage facility, it is lawful for you to sell it at auction without having a firearm's dealer license." "You should contact the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms before selling any machine guns and sawed-off guns or illegal weapons"

Just a bonus FYI: It is now legal to carry brass knuckles in Texas, as well.

Comment

Orkocean
              From Gold Book 2018-2019
              "If you find the occasional weapon in a storage facility, it is lawful for you to sell it at auction without having a firearm's dealer license." "You should contact the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms before selling any machine guns and sawed-off guns or illegal weapons"

Lol well to be fair, i've never cared if it was legal. I carried them when I lived there, carry them here in California as well.

Comment

Are they the "black self activating brass knuckles" or are they the ones you have to actually have a human put on and use?
                "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                  Are they the "black self activating brass knuckles" or are they the ones you have to actually have a human put on and use?
                  Totally manual. The fully automatic assault self punching brass knuckles are still banned here...whatabummer

Comment

Maybe they would be approved if they were any color except black.

Comment

Please tell me how ammo goes kaboom without being shot in a gun? I am really curious.
                      As a former firefighter here in Florida, I responded to a fire in which the home was almost fully engulfed in flames. The owner of the home had ammunition in a closet and this closet was on fire. Bullets were going off all OVER the place as he didn't store his ammunition in the same direction, or even in a locked box. So, THAT's how the ammunition go BOOM without being in a gun. I ducked for cover and waited for the ammunition to all go off - then when it stopped exploding, I put water on the remainder of the home.
                      Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Terri View Post

As a former firefighter here in Florida, I responded to a fire in which the home was almost fully engulfed in flames. The owner of the home had ammunition in a closet and this closet was on fire. Bullets were going off all OVER the place as he didn't store his ammunition in the same direction, or even in a locked box. So, THAT's how the ammunition go BOOM without being in a gun. I ducked for cover and waited for the ammunition to all go off - then when it stopped exploding, I put water on the remainder of the home.
                        By boom I meant actually having the bullet fire out of the shell like being fired in a gun. I explained that earlier. Sure, as I also stated, gunpowder will make the noise when the right fire temp is reached but the bullet will not shoot out like a projectile from a gun. My responses to the different posts in this thread explains that.

This states this better:

"In a fire, ammunition explodes due to the combustible powder inside the cartridge, but they explode with much less velocity than they would were they shot in a weapon. ... Yes, a fire can set them off and it is usually a very non-spectacular event. Bullets do not go flying around as if they had come from a gun barrel."
                        Last edited by pacnwstorage; 6th December 2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

lol I do have some black ones that activate the stungun portion of them on impact or if I press the button. Those deter quite a few people from trying to camp out in our trees when I set them off.

Comment

Up this way we are a free state and anyone can store anything. If they default on payments then whoever buys the unit may get lucky with a few guns. If they are prohibited from owning them than its their responsibility to let the authorities know or leave them in the unit for the managers to deal with. Heck we have people calling into the radio flea market selling firearms, its good to live in a free state!!!

Comment

Orkocean
                              From Gold Book 2018-2019

Murica! It's nice to see a state doing that. I'd hate to see them all get picked up so they can go under a chop saw. As far as the part about calling the ATF about machine guns and sawed off weapons, you're not a dealer and not an expert on firearms. Given that the common practice is to not enter the unit and/or handle items during the inventory process, you can't be expected to know if a particular weapon is semi auto or full auto just by looking at it or be able to eye ball the weapon and determine if it meets minimum barrel length etc. to classify it as a rifle and not an SBR or has the right stock or lack there of to classify it as a pistol. Hollywood makes it seem like they're everywhere. Machine guns are expensive to own, have a lot of hoops to get them and are the extreme minority of all owned firearms. If you find one in an auction unit, you just won the lottery.

I'm sure my thoughts will vary from others. My stance is that ATF should be the name of a store and nothing else.
                              A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

Orkocean
                                From Gold Book 2018-2019

I just bought my 2 daughters and wife Tiger lady claws. Seems to be better than brass knucklehead, I mean knuckles. Going back to the Three Stooges post I just saw.
                                Joe Krezdorn
                                DAK Self Storage
                                Leesport, PA 19533
                                www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DairyGirl
                                  Reply to Are you prepared for a pandemic? CDC says be prepared.
                                  by DairyGirl
                                  I wold go into "hurricane prep" mode, only with more emphasis on food (and coffee) and toiletry items and less on a power outage situation. Since I live on-site, I can still work. However, in-person contact would not happen. I'd close the office to all foot traffic and only take payments over...
                                  Today, 09:59 AM
                                • 417Manager
                                  Reply to Cannot connect with customer
                                  by 417Manager
                                  I would follow standard procedure. Keep the checks (don't deposit) to avoid any entanglement with accepting a lower payment and run the course of notices/lien/auction. I am only obligated to send email/mail to the address we have on file that the tenant gives us. If it bounces or gets returned, not...
                                  Today, 09:48 AM
                                • pacnwstorage
                                  Reply to Just when you think people can't possibly be more clueless...
                                  by pacnwstorage
                                  Lack of planning or paying attention on their part does not constitute an emergency on your part. Hopefully the breakdown outside the office was not just theatrics to get you to cave. Some people do that you know. Who knows. Two months behind.....really. No you don't get in, period, till paid up of...
                                  Yesterday, 09:23 PM
                                Working...
                                X