California - Auction ad time between ad ran - sale held question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California - Auction ad time between ad ran - sale held question

Ok so maybe I'm mistaken but I *thought* when posting a newspaper ad it had to run for 2 consecutive weeks and then the sale could be held. My understanding of this to me means from the time the second ad is ran it must be a week before you can conduct the sale. I'm reading over the Lien law book we have and searching online but I can not find anything that specifically states that, only that it must be ran for "2 consecutive weeks" which I guess you could read as able to being sold after the 2nd ad is published, not a week after. One of our sites I just noticed is having an auction 3 days after their 2nd ad runs which is screaming red flags to me. Before I bring it up to the owners and have them stop an auction incorrectly I wanted a second opinion.

It just has to run for 2 consecutive weeks. There is no specific time frame for when the auction is held after that. It also doesn't specify the time between the 2 ads.

My old management company (that helped write the CA lien laws) actually had me do an auction the day after the ad ran the second week once when we had scheduling conflicts. We ran the ad Friday and Monday and had the auction on Tuesday!

Three days after the ad is just fine.
    MamaDuke

Comment

Thanks for answering, I so thought it had to be a week after and saw a thing on linkedin recently where a person pointed out how a REIT did that same thing here in Cali recently and did not have the full week after the 2nd ad before their auction.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
        It just has to run for 2 consecutive weeks. There is no specific time frame for when the auction is held after that. It also doesn't specify the time between the 2 ads.

My old management company (that helped write the CA lien laws) actually had me do an auction the day after the ad ran the second week once when we had scheduling conflicts. We ran the ad Friday and Monday and had the auction on Tuesday!

Three days after the ad is just fine.
        This is my understanding as well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X