Corona Virus auction cancellations ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona Virus auction cancellations ?

Has anyone changed their collections or auction procedures?

Our auction is scheduled for Thursday and the bosses are thinking about cancelling it. I have voiced my opinion, "the customers were already really late" when businesses started closing and cutting back on hours" but I also understand that making customers worry about their items isn't going to make us look good.

Are you still having auctions? Are you still making collection calls?

Be safe my friends!
    The future depends on what you do in the present.

Proceeding as normal, just had ours this last Saturday. As you pointed out, anyone who's at the point of being sold now was behind waaaay before any of this over hyped media craziness took hold.

Comment

Still doing collection calls, but WA is cracking down on 'crowds' so taking an educated guess- we're probably going to push back any auctions.
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Our online auction just ended yesterday and everyone came today to pay and clean-out. We only accept cash so I was washing my hands more than usual, but that's about it. Out of 16 units, I sold all to 5 people so I didn't have to deal with a ton of foot traffic. Our next late fee applies on the 21st, so when we make calls beforehand, we'll assess it from there.

Comment

I have one scheduled for Saturday morning. Planning to keep it on. I don't get many people attending anyway and I'll ask everyone to keep their distance. It's outside too. Hopefully I get enough people to have it. The units are not ones that I expect will go for any serious money, I just don't want to have to clean them myself.

Comment

Sadly, we've cancelled ours.
            I sent out an email to the auction buyers & 95% said that they would be here.
            The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

My auctions this month sold this morning. Auctions that would have taken place in April have been pushed back to May. Late fees etc. don't stop though.
              A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

Would also love some input on what people are doing with auctions during this time. We have 2 auctions here in Colorado that were posted before the whole Covid-19 outbreak and they are scheduled to end on Monday 3/30. Are people letting them continue or canceling the auctions until after we have the "all clear"?

Thanks!

Comment

We had one that was supposed to go live next week and we are holding off a month. By the time someone figures out the legalities it'll be a month anyway and there could be a whole bunch of headaches and bad PR if we went ahead.

Some lawyer will spend a couple hours figuring out if we can do it and for his hourly rate, we can just wait a month and be ahead :-)

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                    Would also love some input on what people are doing with auctions during this time. We have 2 auctions here in Colorado that were posted before the whole Covid-19 outbreak and they are scheduled to end on Monday 3/30. Are people letting them continue or canceling the auctions until after we have the "all clear"?

Thanks!
                    I currently have a unit posted on-line for sale.
                    the sale ends on the 30th like yours.
                    I was told that we are going to wait until the last possible minute to make a final decision about cancelling.
                    This particular unit, is mostly the stuff that the tenant did not want when she left.
                    She had left because she doesn't have a job and could no longer afford the rent.
                    So she took what she wanted from her 10x20 and honestly, it's some outdoor plastic chairs, 4 tires and an old best up oak drafting table.
                    The table is the only thing of value but it is just a little marked up.
                    I will push that the sale goes off.
                    But it may be cancelled.
                    It will not be my call.
                    More than likely in April, we will NOT be having any auctions due to Covid-19.
                    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X