Lien Sale Protocol ... Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lien Sale Protocol ... Now

The topic of lien sales has come up in several COVID-19 threads, so I thought I'd dedicate one in the Legal forum.

For those moving forward with lien sales, have you made any changes to your process?

If you're not conducting lien sales yet due to the pandemic, do you plan to alter your process? How so?

Check out this ISS article for advice on the topic.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

We have not changed a thing. But Idaho has been on the fringe of the Covid thing.

Comment

We paused all notices being mailed out from March through July 1st, we did not charge any late fees or pre-lien or lien fees. There is nothing keeping us from legally proceeding, but we did it out of caution because the language was not clear. There was talk of cease and desist on tenant evictions for residential renters and also those who hold mortgages were given relief , but nothing about auctions for commercial storage.We re-started the process on all notices July 1st, even for those who had previously already received a pre-lien or final-lien notice. So they get an extra 45 days. That time has almost elapsed. Usually we will get a schedule of auctions ahead of time. So far there is nothing on the schedule for August, so I'm wondering if they ( property management company) will delay again.
      You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RandyL
        Reply to COVID or Flu?
        by RandyL
        I am not entirely sure what all those statements have to do with what I posted about masks. I absolutely agree that both political parties are using this for gain. As they say never let a good crisis go to waste....
        Yesterday, 11:08 PM
      • Grizz
        Reply to 6 month status update.
        by Grizz
        Thats good to know...
        Yesterday, 05:50 PM
      • Grizz
        Reply to COVID or Flu?
        by Grizz
        If masks work why are they releasing prisoners from prison?

If this is so deadly why are the homeless not dying, heck the streets should be free of the homeless by now right?

Why is it safe to riot without a mask but not to go to church with one?

Why are the states...
        Yesterday, 05:39 PM
      Working...
      X