"Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet him"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

That makes 3 today, I am on a roll!
      HA! Strong opinions & strong personalities don't scare me off

Comment

Originally posted by LaurieAtHomeRun View Post

HA! Strong opinions & strong personalities don't scare me off
        Wait till a couple years and I hit 70 years old and I forget what having strong opinions are. Gonna have to sleep on my back so none of them flow out my ears when laying on my side.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

"Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet him"

Comment

Originally posted by tracyp View Post
          I have a tenant that moved most of her stuff out. What's left, she does not want. She is not late. I've been looking on this site to see if anyone has a sample abandonment form or where can I find one? I want to be sure to cover all the bases.

Any help would be appreciated. Her rent is up next week so I'd like to get this done before then so it's ready to rent again.
          This is a form we have, I had to remove our information and copy and past. You can definitely tweek it to add what ever you feel you need on there. We have not had to use it yet, but hope this helps.

AbandonmentForm.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by tracyp View Post
            I have a tenant that moved most of her stuff out. What's left, she does not want. She is not late. I've been looking on this site to see if anyone has a sample abandonment form or where can I find one? I want to be sure to cover all the bases.

Any help would be appreciated. Her rent is up next week so I'd like to get this done before then so it's ready to rent again.
            Here's a possibly easier way. Have her transfer ownership of the unit to YOU. It won't have to go through the auction process as an abandonment form would make you go through and you can dispose of the property as you see fit even if it means making that unit a build up/manager's unit.
            Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by LaurieAtHomeRun View Post
              Piggy-backing onto this subject: What do you do with the leftover property?? Donate, sell on Craigslist, trash...? And if you wind up making a couple of bucks selling it on Craigslist, what do you do with that extra $$$...?

I had someone leave a refrigerator, double oven, dresser, etc. Nothing I want to absorb, personally, but definitely stuff that would be snatched up in a hot minute online!
              If I actually put the work into posting it online, does that extra cash belong to the storage company? Become slush-fund money for the office? *shrug*
              Make yourself a build up unit or "managers unit" and sell the product to benefit a non-profit. Then your company has gotten rid of the property AND helped out a non profit in your area......
              Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Terri View Post

Here's a possibly easier way. Have her transfer ownership of the unit to YOU. It won't have to go through the auction process as an abandonment form would make you go through and you can dispose of the property as you see fit even if it means making that unit a build up/manager's unit.
                I am located in Florida. I never heard about transferring ownership as an option. Wow, I really like that idea for a lot of situations. How can I find out more information on that?.

By the way, in this instance from my original post, I did get an abandonment form from the tenant. She had been with us since 2009 and never missed a payment. And what is more astonishing, she always called with new credit card infomation BEFORE I got the card declined message.

LaurieAtHOmeRun asked the question about what you do with the stuff. Many charities like Habitat for Humanity or locally, Nu-Hope will actually come to us and pick up items. You'd have to call first to see what they are taking at the time and how they want it packed.

Comment

I also want to thank everyone for their input and responses.

Comment

What we do here is since sometimes the owner doesn't think we really need something but we really want it.. for the office, etc is if we sell a managers unit as an auction unit, we get to buy something we want for the office or property, maybe just to make it look nicer, or something we want to buy to make our job a little easier. and if we have available units, and as people leave that one or 2 items, we move it into one unit and after its full, auction it. My owner is pretty decent about getting us anything we need, but you know he might not agree on that great smelling and refreshing hand soap for $10 a bottle, Or maybe a great new organizing shelf that we really don't absolutely have to have, but WANT IT! I have been in storage 17 years and there are ALWAYS things we want but don't really need.... This way it doesn't come out of my pocket.

Comment

I have an abandonment form if you'd like to look at mine. I have them sign it and then list the unit for a Manager's Auction.
                      Good Luck ! PM if you want that abandonment form.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X