Lien Hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lien Hearing

Has anyone had someone request a Lien Hearing after they received a lien letter? If so what was the process? I manage a facility in NC and have never experienced this before. Thanks ahead of time for any advice.

A LIEN HEARING????

Never heard of such a thing.
    How was it that you were notified of a lien hearing??
    Does it appear legitimate???
    Legal???
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

I guess it could be like mediation?
      A come to an understanding meeting??

work.jpg

Comment

It is a certified letter requesting a hearing. It states in the lien letter they have a right to ask for one. I just haven't ever had anyone ask for one.

Comment

Huh.
          Well are you the owner of the property or do you work for the owner?

I am going to look at my lien letter and see if I have anything like that request!

How will you handle this request?

Comment

I would go to the hearing with all documentation. As long as you have followed all the lien laws, they don't have a leg to stand on!
            MamaDuke

Comment

I've only had one person send one in, but they still ended up going to auction. If there's a hearing, bring your contract, the copies of sent letters and the contact log showing you made the effort to contact this tenant. Like MamaDuke said, they don't have a leg to stand on.
              "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
              Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
              Always sunny in California

Comment

Where does the hearing take place????
                In court???

I have no such wording on my notice of default letter.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
                  Where does the hearing take place????
                  In court???

I have no such wording on my notice of default letter.
                  I'm assuming its the "Declaration in Opposition to Lien Sale". Not sure about other states, but in CA we have to send them with every lien notice.

We have received them from customers and are usually able to remedy it beforehand. If they are willing to talk to you I'd see if you could work a deal and get them out. I think a lot of people are trying to file these right now, not realizing what they are actually doing. I got a call last month about it and the customer thought the letter was just to let us know that they didn't want us to sell their belongings. Could have been a bigger misstep for them if they ended up having to pay for court costs as well.

Comment

I looked at ours in AZ, we don't have that here.

Comment

We don't have that option in Iowa, you may want to contact your facilities lawyer to see how you should proceed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KrisinWA
                        Ideas? We have this greasy dirt
                        by KrisinWA
                        and re-painted doors, so I can't have them pressure wash them. I wanted to know if anyone had a surefire dirt remover for their roll up doors? I'm thinking of squirt of dawn soap and vinegar in water. Anyone have something better?...
                        Yesterday, 06:02 PM
                      • KrisinWA
                        Reply to Tenant Points Gun at Manager
                        by KrisinWA
                        A lot of managers are by themselves, including me-most of the time. I have to do the rounds by myself and I wouldn't even think twice about lifting an unlocked door to check if it's empty or whatever....
                        Yesterday, 05:58 PM
                      • Gina6k
                        Reply to Artistic Endeavors
                        by Gina6k
                        I'm definitely crafty! I crochet, knit, sew, cook, bake, garden, write and more and love coming up with ideas and making them a reality. Never could embroider well, did a few cross stitch things and latch hook when I was younger. I can see something and turn around and make it myself. I'm also well-versed...
                        Yesterday, 05:49 PM
                      Working...
                      X