Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post

Wait!

Did you at least ask to see some proof of arm separation?
    I mean, if tenant could prove they lost their arm, MAYBE we would waive but we would need proof first!
    LOL
    God forgive me, please!
    That is so funny! Yes, if they came in and showed me, maybe!

Comment

Excuses don't really matter. In some instances I will get a partial payment and a signed agreement to make regular payments to get it to current then maybe it's worth working with the guy. If he's willing to do nothing but offer excuses then sell it. You are in the power position and have a date set, then the pressure is on him to solve the problem. However, if you believe he's genuine and you want to delay you can always do that. It's rare but once in a while they actually come through. Most of the time waiting just adds to my write-off.

Comment

Day before the auction is always interesting in terms of excuses, people we've tried contacting multiple times showing up with sob stories, tears, yelling, the works. In my limited experience, people who call you at the beginning of the process to try to work something out are generally more responsible. People showing up last minute are usually not worth it. Also depends on their payment history. What's been my biggest headache are the people who are 'nice', so you are more inclined to give them a break. Then they end up being the biggest problem.

There have been exceptions of course and I'll always be open to cut a deal, but I almost never stop the auction anymore. Depending on the balance/deposit/how many units of that size are available it's pay ~3/4 of the balance and vacate or pay all to stay. You are not a special snowflake and you've know about this for a month and a half minimum.

Side note: I think we should totally have a thread with the best excuses given for why someone shouldn't go to auction.

Comment

The thread idea is great!! Some humor while dealing with the public!

Comment

Wait!

Did you at least ask to see some proof of arm separation?
            I mean, if tenant could prove they lost their arm, MAYBE we would waive but we would need proof first!
            LOL
            God forgive me, please!
            LOL!!! "Show me proof and I will waive the lien fees and cancel the auction!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie720 View Post

LOL!!! "Show me proof and I will waive the lien fees and cancel the auction!"
              Waive......or WAVE????

Oh God FORGIVE ME I am going straight to Hell!
              Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Waive......or WAVE????

MamaDuke

Comment

Too funny!!!
                  Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

I was a DM for a site, and was there on the morning of an auction. Tenant called at 9:30 for an 11:00 sale, and said that he was out of town because his mother died. I had gone through his notes already, so I asked him "Sir, how many mothers do you have?" He got angry and asked me what kind of question was that? I told him that in going through the notes on his account, this was the 3rd time his mother had died in the past 2 years. He got quiet, muttered something, and hung up. 45 minutes later in he walks with the cash! Good thing we kept good notes...

Comment

Waive......or WAVE????

LOL I'm going there too because I laughed way too hard at this !
                      The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by braun1961 View Post
                        I was a DM for a site, and was there on the morning of an auction. Tenant called at 9:30 for an 11:00 sale, and said that he was out of town because his mother died. I had gone through his notes already, so I asked him "Sir, how many mothers do you have?" He got angry and asked me what kind of question was that? I told him that in going through the notes on his account, this was the 3rd time his mother had died in the past 2 years. He got quiet, muttered something, and hung up. 45 minutes later in he walks with the cash! Good thing we kept good notes...
                        I have a tenant (who is a lawyer) whose wife has been in the hospital in Chicago for going on 7 years. It is always his excuse for going to auction twice a year. Then he informed me in March that if I had ACH it wouldn't be a problem for him, he just doesn't have a debit or CC to put on file??? I just keep reminding myself it takes all kinds to make the world go round

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X