SafeLease Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SafeLease Insurance

Does anyone use SafeLease insurance? If so, I am curious as to any issues or concerns you have had with them? They offer 70% of the premium to the owner and that is extremely high? They also recommend that you make it mandatory to either show proof of insurance from a home owners/renters policy or take their insurance as their most effective revenue generating part. I am leery of this and looking for any first hand knowledge of this insurance program.

TIA!

We don't use it nor do we require tenants to have insurance. We do tell tenants to notify their insurance company that their items are in storage tho, so it's covered under their renter's and home owner's. The main reason we don't offer it or anything like that, is because it's not real insurance, it's a protection plan.

Comment

Originally posted by newstorageguy View Post
      Does anyone use SafeLease insurance? If so, I am curious as to any issues or concerns you have had with them? They offer 70% of the premium to the owner and that is extremely high? They also recommend that you make it mandatory to either show proof of insurance from a home owners/renters policy or take their insurance as their most effective revenue generating part. I am leery of this and looking for any first hand knowledge of this insurance program.

TIA!
      We don't use Safelease, but we do offer storage insurance .Our policy is ~at time of move in~ they either provide the declaration page from their renters/homeowners insurance, or purchase ours.
      "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
      Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
      Always sunny in California

Comment

We offer Bader Protection OR the must supply their own POI.

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinCali View Post

We don't use Safelease, but we do offer storage insurance .Our policy is ~at time of move in~ they either provide the declaration page from their renters/homeowners insurance, or purchase ours.
          This is exactly what we do.
          MamaDuke

Comment

Had a recent phone call asking if we offered self-storage insurance. Gave them my usual spiel about how Homeowner's and Renter's insurance generally already covers the contents, is more comprehensive, and how you can get a basic renter's insurance policy for pretty much the same price as just self-storage, except renter's covers more. Turns out the guy was calling to sell try self-storage insurance ! He hung up pretty quickly after that.

To be fair for those considering, protection plans/insurance are an excellent, generally steady, revenue stream and it does add a level of liability protection. Also, not all policies cover self-storage which is why we tell people to check on the specifics of their policy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X