RvTenant nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RvTenant nightmare

I am new to the mngmnt position and even newer to my property that's been challenging to say the least. I have a tenant that has been served we are terminating our agreement and has been given a time frame to take his RV and leave. Problem is he keeps plugging into our electricity...which I could just unplug....there is no just shutting his electricity off. The lighting is tied into the outlets and for security issues I HAVE to leave lights on. Meanwhile I have complaints that he is living back there. So easy enough terminate lease right??!! This Rv doesn't run. Has a slide out that's supposedly stuck out and I can't find anyone to tow the thing cause it's a private party tow and they have no room at their yard for it.; Has anyone had ad anything like this happen and can't I have him trespassed off the property once the date comes up? I will cut off his gate code

I would restrict to office hours with supervised access only until the final eviction date. If the tenant doesn't comply I would call the police. I'm not sure on your local laws or what your lease states so not sure if this would work for you.

As far as having it towed I think if the tenant didn't remove it I would no longer accept any payment from them and then let it go to auction and follow the lien sale laws from there.

This sounds like such a headache I feel for you! Good luck!

Comment

Restrict access hours to be only during office hours.
      Contact your local police, issue them a 24 hour code and explain to them that you would like to have after hours patrol due to you suspect someone may be sleeping on the property.
      Inform the police that if they do catch anyone, you have given them permission ahead of time that you want the person to be charged with trespassing.

When you inform the tenant that access is now restricted tell them why!
      1. They are using the electricity and he/she has already been warned that it is not for their use.
      2. That you do suspect they are staying on the property after hours in the mobile home, which again is a violation!
      3. Inform said tenant that the police have been notified and if he/she is caught after office hours they will be trespassed.

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

You may want to consider contacting an electrician.....see if there is a way to lock any and all outlets so that it is only YOU who has access to outdoor electrical outlets!!
        Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Lock the outlet out-there are things on Amazon that should work, restrict their access to business hours only, AND they have to come into the office to gain access.
          "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
          Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
          Always sunny in California

Comment

Also, like Carol Mixon says, 'you can also raise their rent to an exorbitant amount. That will generally move them out.'
            "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
            Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
            Always sunny in California

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinCali View Post
              Also, like Carol Mixon says, 'you can also raise their rent to an exorbitant amount. That will generally move them out.'
              She was my first boss in the industry. I learned all the best info from her!!!
              MamaDuke

Comment

Curious if there is an update?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X