Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rent to someone who wants to store their gun collection?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a guy send a request for information through our website asking if we allowed storage of handguns. Our rental agreement does not say specifically no firearms or handguns. Does anyone have a clause in their rental agreement?

I can't believe he asked up front either which makes me think he might be a responsible owner. Would you ask any questions? Get a copy of any extra paperwork? Do a background check?

I am sure others have firearms here we just don't know about it.
    The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

I wouldn't have a problem renting to someone storing a gun collection, with a couple of caveats.... My first thought was about value. Our agreement limits the value of stored items to $5,000. We do make allowances with proof of high value insurance and a signed waiver form. My second thought was about HOW they would be stored -- in a safe? a locked container? without ammunition,of course. Lots of things to consider. Good luck!

Comment

My answer would be: "Our lease agreement says no explosives but otherwise is silent on firearms and ammo, so I guess it's okay. You are storing at your own risk and agree to our liability limit of $5000. I don't personally recommend storing firearms in a non-climate controlled unit, but if you are comfortable with these policies then you are welcome to rent a storage unit."

Comment

No I wouldn't

Comment

I would have absolutely no problem with a tenant storing firearms. I tell them they can store the firearms unloaded and they can store ammo separately. It has been proven that most if not all ammo will not fire off in heat, even a fire. The heat in a unit would never cause that to happen. Those items are legal and I am in big favor of the 2nd amendment. Comfort zone makes this a choice of all managers and owners.
            "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Absolutely!! But guns must be unloaded, and in a gun safe.

Comment

Whatever personal property someone stores in their unit is none of my business, so my answer is yes

My question to those who say no to gun storage is why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                  Whatever personal property someone stores in their unit is none of my business, so my answer is yes

My question to those who say no to gun storage is why not?
                  Exactly! If someone says they don't want legal 2nd amendment guns/firearms stored but would be ok with pot that is against federal law.......well that just takes the cake. Whoever doesn't want guns stored has the right to say no and that decision should be respected but it is not against the law.....no way, no how.

Comment

The Mrs's and I were out to dinner with a friend this weekend. We parked directly in front of a Dyson store that had a No guns Sticker on the window. First off If you have a Concealed carry permit we can go almost anywhere in the State. If I can't carry in the store fine, but I can also shop elsewhere. We did just buy a Dyson, but with a 10% coupon, 2% from ebates and 2% on My Credit card, Lowes was the best way to purchase. Had I seen that sign two weeks ago, I may have bought something else.
                    Joe Krezdorn
                    DAK Self Storage
                    Leesport, PA 19533
                    www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Yes, in Oregon, we can carry concealed almost anywhere. If I see a sign at a business that does not allow a gun in the store then I do business elsewhere. I am honest to a fault and my concealed carry does not show and I could go ahead and walk in but I will not. There is also open carry in Oregon so those would be out in the open and anyone can see the gun. The gun owners that have a license or carry open break laws in such a minute measurement that it is well below 1%. With the amount of nut jobs out there and the amount of drugs out there, well in my opinion, if you take no steps for self protection and wait for the police that are minutes away when danger is seconds away, well it is your choice. Locked up in a storage unit causes me no concerns at all.

Comment

I feel the same

Comment

Why would a gun collection be any different than a stamp collection, or an other personal property? just sayin'

Comment

You must not have heard about the evil black guns. They don't need a human to be dangerous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X