Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyers and Brochures!

Hello,

We are opening a new facility this fall and I needed to start making some flyers and brochures to mail out.
    Who did y'all have make and print them?
    Does anybody have a good layout for a brochure I could see?
    What are important points to add to the brochure?
    Do you put prices on the brochures?

Thank you!!!

Re: Flyers and Brochures!

From what I have seen posted here you will want to put a move in special of some sort on that flyer. Perhaps have the special at the bottom where you show to cut it off the flyer with a dotted line. Make sure it is a color, not just plain old white. Is there a color scheme at the facility? Match it if can. Important points: Name of facility of course, address, hours, name of manager and relief if have one-with pics if can, short set of directions naming a landmark or two and if use a business for a landmark ask them to pitch in on the cost of the flyer printing, web site and if prices are at web site then no need for them on the flyer if you refer to web site for pricing and especially if you have a great looking web site, size ranges you offer and outside storage if you have it....etc. Layout, I am not the one to ask about that.

Comment

When you've got something created, you can go thru the USPS website and do a massive direct mailer campaign thru them. You upload your design to a postcard format thru their site and you pay for them to mail that out to every address in a specific ZIP code. I've seen properties do this and they include a photo map showing where the property is located, they list features and amenities, location, hours, etc and they include a coupon on it as well. Might be something worth looking into. DON'T PUT PRICES ON FLYERS OR ANTYHING YOU MAIL OUT. Prices change and last thing you want is an someone upset because a 6 month old flyer is telling them the unit they want is now more expensive than what the flyer says. Keep prices on your website and refer people to that. You can even create a QR code to put on the flyer or postcard so people can scan it and go straight to your site. Best of luck!

Comment

There are so many types of printed material for new facilities. Brochures are something you will want to be able hand out for quite some time. They should never have pricing on them or specials. Those are things that change.

Flyers, door hanger or post cards are more of the items to put specials on. You will want some sort of qualifier for those specials such as "limited time only" or an expiration date. That way they don't show up in 6 month to a year when you cannot honor the pricing.

As far as designing and printing goes, it depends on your area. Many places have local companies that can design, print and even mail at good pricing, but some areas do not. If you are experienced at designing and can do it well but just need it printed, I recommend GotPrint.com. They print well with good turn around and shipping times. I use them all for all of my printing. If you need a designer too, do some research and get bids from multiple sources.

Good Luck on the new facility.

Comment

Originally posted by Rmhrap View Post
          Hello,

We are opening a new facility this fall and I needed to start making some flyers and brochures to mail out.
          Who did y'all have make and print them?
          Does anybody have a good layout for a brochure I could see?
          What are important points to add to the brochure?
          Do you put prices on the brochures?

Thank you!!!
          Save your money. Do NOT do a mass mailing. Self Storage is NOT an impulse buy for customers.

You are not yet open. There is only one message you need to convey to everyone - the date you will open.

Are you on a main road and have good traffic? Is your office open? Call a company that has super large display balloons where a small message can be put on the side of the balloon. Or if the traffic is good in both directions, a large portable sign with interchangeable letters.

Simple messages. No more than 3 seconds to read:

OPEN SEPTEMBER 15TH
          NOW TAKING STORAGE RESERVATIONS!
          NEW CUSTOMER DISCOUNTS!
          TRANSFER YOUR STORAGE HERE AND SAVE!

Unless you are in a cornfield, your site is your best advertising location.
          Scott Simon
          St. Louis area resident storage manager

Comment

If you do get brochures or flyers, ask hotel managers if you can leave a few with them. People tend to stay in hotels close to where they are considering renting or buying property.
            Chuck G.
            Content Developer & Social Media Manager
            Online Storage Auction Services
            iBid4Storage

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KrisinWA
              Ideas? We have this greasy dirt
              by KrisinWA
              and re-painted doors, so I can't have them pressure wash them. I wanted to know if anyone had a surefire dirt remover for their roll up doors? I'm thinking of squirt of dawn soap and vinegar in water. Anyone have something better?...
              Yesterday, 06:02 PM
            • KrisinWA
              Reply to Tenant Points Gun at Manager
              by KrisinWA
              A lot of managers are by themselves, including me-most of the time. I have to do the rounds by myself and I wouldn't even think twice about lifting an unlocked door to check if it's empty or whatever....
              Yesterday, 05:58 PM
            • Gina6k
              Reply to Artistic Endeavors
              by Gina6k
              I'm definitely crafty! I crochet, knit, sew, cook, bake, garden, write and more and love coming up with ideas and making them a reality. Never could embroider well, did a few cross stitch things and latch hook when I was younger. I can see something and turn around and make it myself. I'm also well-versed...
              Yesterday, 05:49 PM
            Working...
            X