Facebook Marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Marketing

So we're running a Facebook Ad - its getting lots of views but I think its projecting to a huge audience that isn't in need of storage. Last night I had an idea and I'm testing it today. I'm going into the Facebook Marketplace. I'm setting my location to our complex and searching for items that are located within 4 miles. I set the search word to "moving". The results of this search is now giving me direct access to people in my range that are currently moving and selling things they cant move or don't have space for. I'm now "cold messaging" them with information about us. Ill keep you guys posted.

Did you already use the search word "storage"? I would have thought that would get more hits. Can you use more than one search word? In case you can't tell, I refuse to go to and never have been on Facebook.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Do you pay when they see the ad or when they click on the ad?

Comment

Originally posted by DNolting View Post
        So we're running a Facebook Ad - its getting lots of views but I think its projecting to a huge audience that isn't in need of storage. Last night I had an idea and I'm testing it today. I'm going into the Facebook Marketplace. I'm setting my location to our complex and searching for items that are located within 4 miles. I set the search word to "moving". The results of this search is now giving me direct access to people in my range that are currently moving and selling things they cant move or don't have space for. I'm now "cold messaging" them with information about us. Ill keep you guys posted.
        Great idea as far as getting the information out there. We did some FB marketing for a few months this fall, and similarly got some attention... just not to people who needed storage.
        Did you post information in the "marketplace" forum? Keep us posted....

Comment

I hear only 10% of people use storage. Also, most people who use storage are already using storage. It seems that about 1-2% of people who see these ads might pay attention. Have you calculated your cost for each new tenant obtained from this? Remember to adjust that figure somewhat because they may have chosen you anyway just by looking at Google searching..

Comment

Let us know what kind of responses you are getting. Are you cold messaging by asking "do you need storage?" or are you offering them something that would be easy help- (such as a moving tip, free boxes if they get a unit, or potentially a moving van?)

Comment

DNolting Hey, I think you're onto something here; however, I've got a question. Were you able to 'cold' message the persons from your business FB account or did you have to do it from your personal FB account? I'm looking to test this out real soon. Thx for sharing!

Comment

Welcome to the forum mark.macies.
                "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

DNolting Thx! Yeah, my FB policy research is affirming what you've already learned: gotta use your personal FB account to message. I'll be trying this today.

Here's what our research is revealing about customer behavior:
                  "People's Preferences In Dealing With Businesses Is Shifting"
                  1) 56% of people would rather message than call customer service
                  2) More than 1 in 2 people say they are more likely to shop with a business they can message
                  3) 67% expect to message businesses more in the next 2 years

Comment

Those green doors do stand out!

Comment

Originally posted by DNolting
                      The unfortunate thing is that I had to use my personal account making the message a bit unprofessional. This method absolutely works as I have closed a few deals using this system. Another thing I have been doing is scrolling quickly in the marketplace looking for those self storage style garage doors in the background. My bright green competitor is hard to miss.I always ask them if they would like a quote from us.
                      Do you have a business page on Facebook?
                      If so, that page doesn't allow you to message folks???

If you do not have a business FB page...what are you waiting for?
                      Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

You should make a business page indeed. I had a Social Media lady come over and show us how to use Facebook to our advantage. She suggested that instead of mostly "selling" we share local events. We do some selling but not much at all.

By adding that page's info on your page it will be seen by more people. IDK how the Facebook algorithms work but I think that we get seen more. I don't have alot of likes but people will mention that they found us through Facebook. Community Events, concerts, New business openings. Anything that catches my interest I share in the hopes that we will be seen. I don't spend lots of work time doing it. Sometimes I will be on FB and see something and then I can schedule it to post on a certain day and time. I am interested to hear how the actual " selling and messaging " works for you.

I also use Google Plus & Twitter.

The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Yes we have a Facebook business page.

www.facebook.com/CardinalStorageFlorence

Facebook is a powerful tool and has been a huge portion of our business. Google Plus (and AdWords) didn't do much for us. We had two months at a $400 budget. We have been working hard on keeping our google business page up to date with postings, photos, and managing reviews quickly. Twitter is something that I personally don't relate to so I have never really used it.

We can receive messages and send messages as the business page but can NOT respond to marketplace Ad's. I'm not sure if there's a way around that that I am unaware of.

Comment

Originally posted by DNolting View Post
                            Yes we have a Facebook business page.

www.facebook.com/CardinalStorageFlorence

Facebook is a powerful tool and has been a huge portion of our business. Google Plus (and AdWords) didn't do much for us. We had two months at a $400 budget. We have been working hard on keeping our google business page up to date with postings, photos, and managing reviews quickly. Twitter is something that I personally don't relate to so I have never really used it.

We can receive messages and send messages as the business page but can NOT respond to marketplace Ad's. I'm not sure if there's a way around that that I am unaware of.
                            WOW! I think that your video is great. I am looking for someone to do a drone video for us. Hope it turns out as great as yours.
                            The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/fbmarketplace/
                              Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                                Reply to Unit Pricing
                                by pacnwstorage
                                LOL! Wait for me to kick the bucket and take this place over....
                                Today, 05:48 PM
                              • pacnwstorage
                                Reply to West Coast Wildfires
                                by pacnwstorage
                                Yea, even without the China virus we were wearing masks just because of the smoke and ash in the air. It's nice to get in the golf cart now and drive and be able to stop and not have the cloud of ash flow over me from the back. That cloud would kick up anytime I drove. Any cobwebs around the facility...
                                Today, 02:35 PM
                              • Grizz
                                Reply to Unit Pricing
                                by Grizz
                                You're right, I just wish I could find owners as good as PAC's but I wont hold my breath. I have an exit plan, just need a partner ($$$) to get the ball rolling...
                                Today, 01:35 PM
                              Working...
                              X