Sign waver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign waver

As I continue my journey marketing and advertising our new complex, I have stumbled upon something that I have never seen before. Its a twist on a standard motorized sign waving machine. What do you guys think? Would it make you pull it over or run it over?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ItGavBANM

Creeps me out. I would not go in to that business that uses that.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

It's an interesting concept because it does get attention. (Anything that moves or sparkles right?)

However, I'd agree with Pac in that they don't dress up the mannequins too well, so it's a bit creepy. "Dressed up" correctly, I think it could be a good idea though. Also, I believe this concept (a fake person sign waver) was on Shark Tank a while ago. Maybe see if that concept is a little more polished.

Comment

Here in Eugene there are gobs of sign waivers. For restaurants, tax season, vehicle dealerships, grand openings.....you name it. Some are very creative as they throw and catch and spin the signs. I actually do look at the sign. I also think the mannequin is an invite to all the idiots that think it is ok to deface things. The next thing you know a mannequin has some graffiti on it and sex objects drawn on or attached. But the thing that is the worst for me is the never ending blank stare of the mannequin. Bound to be a horror movie in there somewhere.

Comment

I'd rather see a mannequin out in over 100 degree weather spinning a sign instead of a human. However, I also find them creepy. I'd concur with Pac also, I probably would keep on driving past.
          Gina 6k
          twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
          VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
          [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
          I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

That is awfully creepy.

Comment

An automated sign waver would not make me walk in to ANY store just because there was one!

Save your money!
              Please!
              Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

It looks like something I would see in a movie that invites you in to "The last house on the left". And you are never heard from again.

Comment

Omg i agree- super creepy!

Comment

Originally posted by DNolting View Post
                    As I continue my journey marketing and advertising our new complex, I have stumbled upon something that I have never seen before. Its a twist on a standard motorized sign waving machine. What do you guys think? Would it make you pull it over or run it over?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ItGavBANM
                    Eeeek, run them over! Creepy/
                    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Creeeeppppyyyyyy

Comment

That's definitely not something I see every day ... definitely doesn't seem right ...

Comment

"Waver" is spelled wrong. Sorry I'm a bit of a stickler sometimes about that. I was a sign waver for a tax company 2 years in a row. I've thought about doing that for our facility. Buying a sandwich board or a pointy sign to market and promote the business.

Comment

It's creepy. We market our sites without the gimmicks that seem to attend some of the other green/orange door places. I am about to get gimmicky since I have a lease-up for a new building on an existing site that I hope to make aggressive. BTW, if anyone has any good advice there, I'd love to hear it. Actually, I probably need to start a discussion. Even, so, I would more expect that a vape shop opening. Sign wavers are not a thing here in Country Club Acres (seriously: 5 golf courses w/in 4 miles). When I watched that vid, I had the same reaction that I had thirty or so years ago to this: detached female automatons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGw_cOgwa8 ETA: And lest you think I am a femi-nazi on this observation: no male mannequins! I mean, really. Some of the males on this forum would -- I am sure -- love to have their likenesses out there waving and whatnot. Big bucks to be gleaned. I just know it.

That said, if I thought for ONE second it would get me quality tenants, I'd rent the bot for a while. j/k

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                            Somewhere in flyover country

I happen to feel that the degree of a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the same topic.
                            Last edited by wfh1432; 31 December 2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

There's a business near my mom's that uses one of these. It's a woman and she's dressed provocatively. By that I mean a short skirt and a loose top that falls off one shoulder. The wig is rarely on correctly and looks like it's never seen a brush. Still, it catches my attention every time even though I know it's a mannequin.
                              Amy Campbell
                              Editor
                              Inside Self-Storage
                              [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                                Reply to Unit Pricing
                                by pacnwstorage
                                LOL! Wait for me to kick the bucket and take this place over....
                                Today, 05:48 PM
                              • pacnwstorage
                                Reply to West Coast Wildfires
                                by pacnwstorage
                                Yea, even without the China virus we were wearing masks just because of the smoke and ash in the air. It's nice to get in the golf cart now and drive and be able to stop and not have the cloud of ash flow over me from the back. That cloud would kick up anytime I drove. Any cobwebs around the facility...
                                Today, 02:35 PM
                              • Grizz
                                Reply to Unit Pricing
                                by Grizz
                                You're right, I just wish I could find owners as good as PAC's but I wont hold my breath. I have an exit plan, just need a partner ($$$) to get the ball rolling...
                                Today, 01:35 PM
                              Working...
                              X