Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Happy holidays! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk. Please be patient with us as the registration make take longer to process during this joyful time of year. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

New to the business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the business

Hello all!!

I started in December as manager of a facility in Texas. Marketing is also a new concept to me which is part of my job. Can yall give me some marketing ideas? What works and doesn't work for you? Anything is appreciated!

The property I work now does not allow us to do any marketing. However, if you Google "Self Storage Marketing Ideas" You will get some really good Ideas. The last property I ran, I used very simple signage for specials on whatever units I needed filled. Other than that get really involved in community affairs. Good luck.

Comment

By the way, Where in Texas?

Comment

Welcome to the Forum! Signage is key, also networking with businesses, realtors, apt complexes, moving companies, home owner associations, etc can be very helpful. Just spend some time pounding the pavement to get the word our in your area. I leave little fliers at Apt's and local businesses. Also whenever you interact with a tenant, ask them for a Google review. That can be a huge help in building your reputation, and presence on the web. Best of Luck!!

Comment

Welcome! Also, if you have used Pinterest, try there for marketing ideas. Also, make sure you have a Yelp, a Facebook, a couple of Craigslist ads, and make sure your Google page is absolutely correct. Try everything!
          I want buns of steel.
          I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

I am no expert but I'd personally like to ask a question first, What are you trying to achieve of this Marketing?

- To better promote your Storage Brand?
            - To attract more prospects to have better rental flow? Better Occupancy?

Comment

I'm in west Texas @ bighank

Comment

Whatever you end up doing, make sure you track all your results. This way, you are working with more than just a gut feel if something is working or not. The best way to do this is to start finding out where your prospects are finding out about you. You can do it the old fashion way by asking them, or there are more automated ways to do it, using computer software.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                  Reply to Joking Around
                  pacnwstorage
                  He Loved Hearing His Own Voice
                  Ronald was sitting at the breakfast table one Sunday morning reading the USA Today entertainment section.

He had just read an article about a beautiful movie star who had announced that she was going to marry a football player, who was famous not only for...
                  Yesterday, 10:52 PM
                • bentsmom
                  Reply to Thanksgiving Week
                  bentsmom
                  We started a little early and held Customer Appreciations Days at our 3 offices this past Friday and Saturday. For two days we had snacks & refreshments for our customers. Saturday we held a drawing at each office for a gift basket worth $100.00 each. We did not get tons of people but anyone who...
                  Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                • Steve_hajewski
                  Reply to Need Help! Break Ins through building wall panels!!
                  Steve_hajewski
                  Lock the empty units. While yes, a person could rent a unit and eventually get into the neighboring one, you should at least then have a photo and scan of their ID which should be a pretty good deterrent. Plus, what they said above is good advice.

A person could assemble buildings with...
                  Yesterday, 09:30 PM
                Working...
                X