Unusual Place to find new clients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Place to find new clients

I love to go to craft shows and find these vendors who live close to where you are (they usually have a card or a placard on their tent noting their location, and ask them where they keep their product and their shipments that come in. You may be surprised that they would be happy to have storage for the finished product awaiting the next show and haven't really thought about it. Look for the ones who accept credit cards. If they accept them, then they don't do this 'just for fun', this IS their business. Even a 5x5 for a pet clothing vendor could get you a rental. We even allow our customers to put shelves in the unit as long as they are not attached to the wall in any permanent manner or add holes to the walls. Example, if you have a brace that goes across the unit, they can secure their shelving with a strong wrap around the braces.

I developed a long term friendship with someone who makes yard art and needs space to put the finished product. During shows she all but empties the unit but that's usually only on the weekends. She has a business deduction for the storage unit and it frees up all kinds of space at her home and in her mind. She knows she can access it at any time, the product is safe and insured and not in her way of her everyday life. These shows are her living.

Can you tell I like to share ideas?
    Tall Terri

The customer's fantasy doesn't always match with reality!

That's a great idea!
    90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

At my first site the local convention center was walking distance so we would attend every trade show/event they had pretty much and do the same. I didn't rule out any type of business as somewhere to market to, one of the most surprising businesses that would send referrals to us pretty regularly was a jewelry shop. Sadly where we are at currently you need to be a bilingual person to really have a chance. Small town living where everyone knows everyone, being the outsider doesn't get you many open doors.

Comment

I just had a manufacturer come in as his son drives by everyday and they need to move out of their present location asap to a new property he has to build. WOOHOO!! Come On Mr. Ron. Let me fill up from your needs!
        Tall Terri

Comment

Tall Terri what a GREAT idea!! I am passing this along to my staff. It is nice to hear something new. Thank you so much!
          Stephanie Tharpe
          Senior VP of Operations
          A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
          Nashville, TN
          http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
          www.tnssa.net

Comment

Took a vase with Life Savers candy in it to Funeral Homes. One woman asked me if I was being ironic....... Who? ME???!!!!?? I didn't purchase the candy.
            Tall Terri

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Terri View Post
              Took a vase with Life Savers candy in it to Funeral Homes. One woman asked me if I was being ironic....... Who? ME???!!!!?? I didn't purchase the candy.
              My town is so small that there are no funeral homes here. Probably some in the next towns over though and we're close to Seattle, I assume people die there...
              90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Hello everyone! Just like most of you, I want to become popular. I am pondering over self-promotion. I would like to ask you- do you believe that bulk SMS senders are still good for self-promotion? I believe that people can receive an SMS with a web site where I post my paintings and they can visit it. What do you think?
                Last edited by Amy_ISS; 25th April 2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietSun9 View Post
                  Hello everyone! Just like most of you, I want to become popular. I would like to ask you- do you believe that bulk SMS senders are still good for self-promotion? I believe that people can receive an SMS with a web site where I post my paintings and they can visit it. What do you think?
                  My opinion is that, if and when I receive a SMS that wasn't initiated by me signing up for something, I will immediately block the number and delete the message. NOT a good way to go.
                  Last edited by Amy_ISS; 25th April 2019, 02:39 PM.
                  AmyLou

Comment

Thanks for sharing this.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Amy_ISS
                      Reply to PTI Sold Again
                      by Amy_ISS
                      Where did you see this? Do you have a link?
                      Today, 05:10 PM
                    • MamaDuke
                      Reply to Vendor Representatives
                      by MamaDuke
                      We have them sign up the unit in the name of the company, with the person signing the contract being the primary contact. Then, if that person ever leaves the company, all we need is a letter on company letterhead giving information for a new contact person.

I have always accepted deliveries,...
                      Today, 04:58 PM
                    • KrisinNC
                      Reply to The Customer Is Always Right
                      by KrisinNC
                      If someone is unhappy for a reason like being locked in after hours, then 'too bad so sad', should remembered the rules. If someone is unhappy because there was a leak in their unit or something like that then I'll try and help them out, transferring to a new unit with a discount perhaps....
                      Today, 04:50 PM
                    Working...
                    X