Sharing on Social Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing on Social Media

What kinds of posts do you share on social media? I've noticed many posts about "decluttering" after the holidays, advice on how to pack a box properly or what to do before a move, and some other great stuff. How do you engage with your audience?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

We usually try to share events going on in the area as the regular, reminders about referrals and every now and then a post about units available. We see it as anyone who has us on their social feeds is most likely already a customer so we're not gonna blow them up about specials we may have.

Comment

When it was my job to update the social media I'd do like Ork. I'd mention local football games, specials that we were running, local events, Uhaul specials )if we had Uhaul etc. I'd do 'how to pack a unit' or how to move (I've got a lot of experience with that...lol)
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Depends. Sometimes it's just a Happy Weekend or Monday post. Sometimes I try to play off holidays. January is Get a Hobby month so we just did a post on that. Today is national clean off your desk day (Jan. 13th). You can see a whole list of the real and ridiculous holidays here: www.daysoftheyear.com .

If you get a really nice review I've seen people post that too, which is nice when it's not every other post. Or a picture with the staff and a customer. Updates to the facility (new cameras, renovations, etc.) always are easy marketing opportunities.

Posting a quick tip, be it for moving, packing, or storing stuff, is always an easy one too. Changing up the content, but having a consistent branding is something to keep in mind too(logo, colors, etc.). I've found AdobeSpark made this pretty easy and while there is a fee, the time I save is worth it.

Feel free to steal ideas from our instagram feed @low_tor_storage . Just don't forget to like us!

So recap of media post ideas:
        1. Holidays
        2.Casual "Yay it's Friday" Post
        3. Play on current or local events
        4.Reviews
        5.Upgrades or renovations
        6.Appreciation Parties or Employee spotlight
        7. Action shots
        8. Tips & Tricks

Comment

We don't have any kind of social media for our store...and I'm ok with that.

Comment

Tips, Tricks, Inspirational messages and of course holidays.

These are the things that are posted on our social media.

Comment

We more focus on fun stuff, charitiable events or our own seasonal happenings. For example, we ran some pretty good Christmas and Halloween decorating contests. We talk about our team building events and races.

here's a bit of our Facebook page as an example ... www.facebook.com/Ulockministorage

Comment

I have a Facebook page for the business, but have never posted anything on it other than our advertising video. Strangely, I get a notice every few days that "X people have viewed your page". I just assume they're Russian bots, or the people are lost.

Like AngelaESSTX , I'm OK with not having to deal with social media. (and luckily my occupancy is where I need it to be)
                In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

I have never at work or personally been on social media. Gonna keep it that way. So much of it is the bane of society.
                  "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We rarely post about storage other than sharing community events we were involved in. We congratulate employees who have earned special recognition but mostly we do community announcements, hiring, contests, and funny stuff. We NEVER discuss heated current issues like politics.

And we have resisted the urge to share the blonde and the cat memes (even though some of them are hilarious!). I am quite sure that some of you could make your own industry related meme to this. In fact, we should start a thread....

womanyellingcat-1573233850.jpg
                    Stephanie Tharpe
                    President
                    A+ Management Group, LP
                    Nashville, TN
                    www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                    www.tnssa.net

Comment

We share the City's posts, something happening in the area, community events, holidays. Nothing political or religious or something that will be controversial.

We use https://nationaldaycalendar.com/ to find out fun National Days. FYI National Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day is January 27th!

https://www.facebook.com/UStoreSelfStorageDaytonaBeach/
                      The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post
                        We rarely post about storage other than sharing community events we were involved in. We congratulate employees who have earned special recognition but mostly we do community announcements, hiring, contests, and funny stuff. We NEVER discuss heated current issues like politics.

And we have resisted the urge to share the blonde and the cat memes (even though some of them are hilarious!). I am quite sure that some of you could make your own industry related meme to this. In fact, we should start a thread....

Blonde: "You said I get the truck rental free!"
                        Cat: "Truck's free, gotta pay the mileage and gas"

Blonde: "You said you do regular pest control!"
                        Car: "I also told you not to store food."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post

Blonde: "You said I get the truck rental free!"
                          Cat: "Truck's free, gotta pay the mileage and gas"

Blonde: "You said you do regular pest control!"
                          Car: "I also told you not to store food."
                          Those are great!!

Blonde: You said I wouldn't have to pay a late fee
                          Cat: I said pay on time

Stephanie Tharpe
                          President
                          A+ Management Group, LP
                          Nashville, TN
                          www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                          www.tnssa.net

Comment

To be honest, all that advice that you hear in the self-storage magazines and during the Vegas expo shows doesn't touch reality (for me.) I see a lot of social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) with a lot of "square" content. You know that someone had spent their darndest to come up with a few precious posts/jokes, but in a long run it never cuts it. Then you see a lot of accounts with "bought" or "fake" followers. That always shows. (Such account usually has followers but no engagement.)

In our case, we use Twitter (the most) then also Facebook and YouTube. We have about 600+ plus followers on Twitter. All organic, no fakes. I personally can't stand facebook and that is why I don't post a lot there.

Most of our posts are public sales (auctions) with inventory of contents. And on YouTube we post the lock-cut procedure. I do a "one-take" uninterrupted video of the process (from lock cut to overlock) so bidders can see what's in the storage before they bid. Then we post it on all sites as a public sale announcement.

PS. We also use Mailchimp for our mailing list. (To send out emails with public sale announcement.) Other than that, we try not ro spam our followers with anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post

Blonde: "You said 1st month free"
                              Cat: "Ain't nuthin' in life free. Now buy this lock and insurance."

Thanks to AngelaESSTX for the help on this one. haha!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KeelHauler1994
                                Reply to Facebook Marketing
                                by KeelHauler1994
                                A lot of great ideas. I will give you my thoughts and opinions but each faciltity is unique and each location presents its own positives and negatives.

If you have no advertising budget or very little, I would start with the following.

Do the market research for your zip code...
                                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                              • Orkocean
                                Reply to I can even sell units at competitor's facilities...dang I'm good.
                                by Orkocean
                                spidey senses, gotta love them... in our area anytime someone inquires about "smallest unit" and "access hours" we are on guard.. I had one the other day who wanted the smallest then asked if we accept checks after refusing to say what she's storing other than "boxes"....
                                Yesterday, 08:39 PM
                              • Orkocean
                                Reply to Cleaning Hacks
                                by Orkocean
                                I won't blow unless I absolutely have to. I prefer broom and dustpan. As far a "hacks", I'll get the extension cords out and a shopvac on the roofs when its time to clean gutters of leafs, dusting doors are super quick if you get a California king duster from wally world in the auto section....
                                Yesterday, 08:35 PM
                              Working...
                              X