Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Ads and the Google Ads Negative Words, Positive Words ( UGH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Ads and the Google Ads Negative Words, Positive Words ( UGH)

I've done alot of research for putting up google ads. I find it all extremely confusing. Every one of our competitors runs the google ads so they are always on the top of google . I've tried the Smart Ads but don't find they are at all effective.
    Any tips ? TIA!

My advice is to not use smart ads. I feel like they're designed to just spend your budget. If you have the time, take the time to learn how to use regular campaigns so you can customize them how you want them to perform.
    Kevin Kerr
    Storage Commander Cloud Software
    k[email protected]
    Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin SC View Post
      My advice is to not use smart ads. I feel like they're designed to just spend your budget. If you have the time, take the time to learn how to use regular campaigns so you can customize them how you want them to perform.
      I've used the regular campaigns but I find the whole thing a bit overwhelming. I've watched videos, read up on it, called Google but can't seem to absorb all the info.
      Can you recommend a place to learn ? TIA

Comment

For hands on learners, I might suggest a certification course like https://skillshop.exceedlms.com/stud...certifications

It can give you the ability to pick up knowledge in a more practical environment.

If you have any specific questions about creating campaigns, you can also just message me and I can give you some pointers if you would like. I'm always happy to help SST members.
        Kevin Kerr
        k[email protected]
        Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin SC View Post
          For hands on learners, I might suggest a certification course like https://skillshop.exceedlms.com/stud...certifications

It can give you the ability to pick up knowledge in a more practical environment.

If you have any specific questions about creating campaigns, you can also just message me and I can give you some pointers if you would like. I'm always happy to help SST members.
          Kevin, thanks, I followed this link and I tried to take the skill shop but it won't let me proceed until I do a test with my knowledge base and it says my score is too low to proceed with the training. I don't know I think I will keep trying to find a good utube.

Comment

Sorry, I should have explained a little further - as a learning tool, I wasn't really expecting you to pass (though more power to you if you did).

I've recommended that to others in the past to basically learn from the test itself. So if you find a question that you're not 100% sure on (which very well may be most of them), you can just ironically Google the answer. By taking the test over and over, you're familiarizing yourself with the material in AdWords and also have a better chance to retain that knowledge since you're facing the same questions over and over.

Of course, looking up articles and videos is definitely a way to go as well (there are thousands, mostly made by marketers that want to handle your AdWords campaigns for you), but it's less interactive so you're less likely to retain the information that you learn.

In my personal opinion, Google Ads aren't something best used as something you "set and forget" and just hope they work to your benefit. They need regular tune ups (I recommend at least weekly) to make sure that you are optimizing them for your keywords and getting the conversions that you want to see.

If you want some help going through your campaigns or if you just have general questions feel free to call or email me anytime.
            Kevin Kerr
            k[email protected]
            Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

I highly recommend to hire a company to manage your Google ads properly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X