Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you pay per lead? Per rental?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you pay per lead? Per rental?

What is your average cost/lead and cost/rental? Which platform do you find works best?

I saw an article from SpareFoot that said leads from Google Ads typically cost about $130 each and rentals come out to over $900 each. I can't find a publish date, but I believe the article is from 2014/2015 approximately.

I'm trying to break down the average cost/lead in each of my markets and then further break it down per platform.

Also, are there any platforms where you see a discrepancy between lead cost vs. rental cost (i.e. leads are significantly cheaper to attain, but costlier to convert)?

Never used them and never will. Not gonna pay for leads that I can generate myself.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
      Never used them and never will. Not gonna pay for leads that I can generate myself.
      I don't understand. Do you mean you do not use any paid platforms to generate leads and only use organic tactics?

Comment

$0, Google is a scam, they won't even help remove fake reviews made by people in other countries or competitors. $0 phone book (that's long gone), $0 local.

The only thing we ever pay for is we donate to the city and participate in local events. It's more of a PR move but doesn't hurt either. We stay full 99%+ year round now.

Comment

$0. My facility condition, safety, security and customer service over 3 decades drives all my leads. Like letsgosonics, we're never lower than 95% (and that's because I turn people away)

I don't do online rentals, so I don't spend any money online.
          In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

We don't pay for leads, I do some Google Adwords at times. But it doesn't cost me anything close to what you are referencing for new rentals.

Comment

Originally posted by mon8a View Post

I don't understand. Do you mean you do not use any paid platforms to generate leads and only use organic tactics?
              Not hard to understand, that is exactly what I said. Like letsgosonics, Storman and RandyL said.
              I pay $0 dollars for leads. I talk to anyone who calls or enters my facility office. I have a close rate of a very high % as long as I have units to rent. Hell, I got one lady that wanted to be here so bad and needed a larger unit, that is renting 5 of my 5x10 units.

I do donate a unit to Toys for Tots and stress the security here, former military me, the very upscale neighborhood, never had a break in and the cleanliness of this facility. We have a great web site and the drone shots draw them in and my best is the former tenants that still send people my way.

If need be, I offer very affordable classes on how I close the rental of the unit. Just kidding.

"Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post
                $0. My facility condition, safety, security and customer service over 3 decades drives all my leads. Like letsgosonics, we're never lower than 95% (and that's because I turn people away)

I don't do online rentals, so I don't spend any money online.
                Not that you need to do online rentals if you are full, but we do offer them, and it doesn't cost us anything. We integrate with our current cc provider to link to their payment form on their website. We do have to manually update our website anytime a unit size is no longer available, but it takes all of 1 min of my time, and for free I can't complain. By no means is it a perfect system, but it works for us. If interested, check out elavon converge (were through costco).

Comment

Originally posted by mon8a View Post
                  What is your average cost/lead and cost/rental? Which platform do you find works best?

I saw an article from SpareFoot that said leads from Google Ads typically cost about $130 each and rentals come out to over $900 each. I can't find a publish date, but I believe the article is from 2014/2015 approximately.

I'm trying to break down the average cost/lead in each of my markets and then further break it down per platform.

Also, are there any platforms where you see a discrepancy between lead cost vs. rental cost (i.e. leads are significantly cheaper to attain, but costlier to convert)?
                  I wish that the article posted a link from that Storage Ahead webinar that they referenced, but I have a feeling that they didn't want to be that closely tied to a source that is quoting those inflated costs for Google Ads. Honestly, that is ridiculous though.

Example: If you're designing simple Google Ads campaigns to have a search ad (paid visibility within the search results) and re-marketing (ads shown to visitors that have visited your website shown on Google's Display Network) you can just set a budget and geo fence your local market.

Yes, there's much more work to do than just that but regarding the cost it should be nowhere near quoted from that article.
                  Kevin Kerr
                  Storage Commander Cloud Software
                  k[email protected]
                  Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Originally posted by letsgosonics View Post

Not that you need to do online rentals if you are full, but we do offer them, and it doesn't cost us anything.
                    The reason I don't do online rentals has nothing to do with the technology, it has everything to do with qualifying the customer face to face. I'm much more interested in who they are and what they're intentions are than I am solely interested in their ability to have a credit card and a cell phone.

In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post

The reason I don't do online rentals has nothing to do with the technology, it has everything to do with qualifying the customer face to face. I'm much more interested in who they are and what they're intentions are than I am solely interested in their ability to have a credit card and a cell phone.

Yes, I understand that completely. I used to be that way before covid. I always speak with the person at the very least so get more info than my online reservation does, but it is taking a chance for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgosonics View Post
                        $0, Google is a scam, they won't even help remove fake reviews made by people in other countries or competitors. $0 phone book (that's long gone), $0 local.

The only thing we ever pay for is we donate to the city and participate in local events. It's more of a PR move but doesn't hurt either. We stay full 99%+ year round now.
                        Exactly what I've done for over 35 years. But I'm in a real small town.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RandyL
                          Reply to COVID or Flu?
                          by RandyL
                          I am not entirely sure what all those statements have to do with what I posted about masks. I absolutely agree that both political parties are using this for gain. As they say never let a good crisis go to waste....
                          Yesterday, 11:08 PM
                        • Grizz
                          Reply to 6 month status update.
                          by Grizz
                          Thats good to know...
                          Yesterday, 05:50 PM
                        • Grizz
                          Reply to COVID or Flu?
                          by Grizz
                          If masks work why are they releasing prisoners from prison?

If this is so deadly why are the homeless not dying, heck the streets should be free of the homeless by now right?

Why is it safe to riot without a mask but not to go to church with one?

Why are the states...
                          Yesterday, 05:39 PM
                        Working...
                        X