Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Violating Google's Content Policy

Sigh.

I post on the company FB, Instagram and Google My Business pages. Some of it is about our specials, different units, holiday hours, etc. and sometimes it is a funny meme, holiday meme, where Veterans can get free meals on certain days, those kind of things.

By posting this link I violated GMB's content policy. It is a tongue in cheek funny Why you shouldn't visit Florida in the winter. You know because of the 70 degree days and lots of sunshine.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/flor...xCFdUQmLiOmvxs

I guess that unless the post is storage related it is not allowed.

Off-topic/irrelevant

When an author posts on behalf of a business, their published content should be relevant to the business and help customers better understand the business. Content that's irrelevant to the business or that has no clear association with the business isn't allowed. Refer to our Guidelines for representing your business on Google. Google My Business is not meant to be a forum for general political, social commentary, or personal rants. Content that does not meet this standard will be removed.

Your post violates Google’s content policy
    XXX, your post has been removed from your Business Profile on Google because it contains inappropriate content.
    9 Reasons No One In Their Right Mind Visits Florida In The Winter https://www.onlyinyourstate.c...
    In order for posts to remain on your profile, they must adhere to our posts content policy.
    The future depends on what you do in the present.

Hmm. That's honestly a little surprising to me, but maybe some of the wording like "No one in their right mind" rose a flag on their content filter?

At least the commentary from them "Google My Business is not meant to be a forum for general political, social commentary, or personal rants." leads me in that general direction.
    Kevin Kerr
    Storage Commander Cloud Software
    k[email protected]
    Toll Free: 877.672.6257
    Direct: 951.867.4732

Comment

Probably an algorithm? Can't think this is a person doing this-or they have no sense of humor.
      "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
      WA state

Comment

As I have said many many times, not gonna be on social media because it is evil. It is the bane of civilization. Not gonna have someone or some thing play "holier than thou" with me. I get that you do it for business but this example is a sign of things to come. You don't agree with their views or toe the line, you are kaput! The robots are coming!
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

"Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet him"

Comment

These big tech unelected folks are destroying this Country. One small bite at a time still finishes the sandwich.
          I just can't believe that you are not allowed to do what you think is best for YOUR business without some Negative Nellie butting in.
          Last edited by dakselfstorage; 21 January 2021, 11:40 AM.
          Joe Krezdorn
          DAK Self Storage
          Leesport, PA 19533
          www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Just jump through their hoops, we once had a site get flagged on Google My Business simply by updating our office hours. It's a pain
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamkathleenj View Post
              . . . sometimes it is a funny meme, holiday meme, where Veterans can get free meals on certain days, those kind of things.
              Well those don't sound directly related to storage either, so I wonder why they're selectively applying these "policies."

Comment

Originally posted by evansr View Post
                Just jump through their hoops, we once had a site get flagged on Google My Business simply by updating our office hours. It's a pain
                That is exactly what they want. You jump thru their hoops! Are you just gonna accept it and let them do that to you? This is bull****!

Comment

Originally posted by RMRSS View Post

Well those don't sound directly related to storage either, so I wonder why they're selectively applying these "policies."
                  Because they can and you, not me, are allowing it. People are allowing them to set the rules where they control you. Again, it is bull****!

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

That is exactly what they want. You jump thru their hoops! Are you just gonna accept it and let them do that to you? This is bull****!
                    I am going to appeal and see what happens.
                    The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

...you, not me, are allowing it...
                      Actually, I'm just making an observation about the OP's post. I have nothing to do with the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by RMRSS View Post

Actually, I'm just making an observation about the OP's post. I have nothing to do with the situation.
                        "so I wonder why they're selectively applying these "policies."

I pinpointed my response instead of being more general. Sorry. By "you" I mean anyone that does not fight back. They would not want one of their offices as a neighbor to me because I would be there raising hell on a daily basis. "Big Tech" thinks they run everything and what they say goes. I served to protect our rights to not just be sheep and accept which way they steer us. This sickens me that the vast majority of people accept what they are doing to us and society. Well, not me and I repeat, "not me". They are the tech "mafia".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X