Keeping Complaints Off Social Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Complaints Off Social Media

When someone is unhappy with your business for any reason, they shout it out to the world. Whether it's a post on Facebook, a tweet or a video, these rants could damage your rep. Check out this article from industry attorney Scott Zucker on how to minimize the damage ... legally.

What do you do when you spot a negative comment about your business (or yourself) on social media?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I always respond to negative reviews in as positive a manner as possible. I do try to call out Google's so-called Local Guides, who are not tenants, just people trying to score Google points by reviewing as many businesses as possible.
    My favorite negative review was a 2-star from a guy here in town who was not a tenant, but seemed to just like posting bad reviews of local businesses. My positive response to his review led to him changing the review...to a 1-star review! So much for taking the high road...

Comment

Depends on the platform, what exactly they write, if it's just a star review, how many reviews you have, and what your overall rating is and how you look cross platform. Studies show that a 5 star rating is actually less trusted by consumers than a 4.2 to 4.5 rating. People don't trust perfect. Respond and bury them in good reviews is generally the best tactic. Which would you pick? someone with a 4.3 rating and 100 reviews or someone with 5 stars and 17 reviews? Reviews that are just stars with no feedback or reviews with feedback?

https://www.powerreviews.com/insight...-reviews-2022/ for refrence

Comment

You should always respond to all reviews. When it’s a bad one, you can always say something to the effect of “we are so sorry this has happened to you. Please contact the owner at XXX-XXX-XXXX”. Just look proactive. If the individual was never a tenant, say so..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X