Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• future investor intro

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member to the forum.

About me: I have been investing in single family houses for the past 5 years in Delaware (flips, wholesale, notes, rentals, etc). In the first year of investing, I heard about self storage investing and realized quickly that investing full-time in self storage was my overall goal. At the beginning of last year I decided to give it 100% of my focus and break into the industry. I put all my properties on market and got a part-time job at a facility to learn the management side of the business which ended up being one of the best learning experiences I have had. At the same time I have been building my network and learning as much as I can. I am hopeful that by the end of the year I will have a few facilities on the books.

Goals: Build a large portfolio using syndication. After a handful of facilities I want to start building an Asset Management team to handle everything. I want to hold long-term for cash flow but if the right offer comes through then I would sell the whole platform and use the funds to invest passively in other deals.

Looking forward to some great discussions on the forums!

Welcome to the forum mcarr.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Thanks pac. Ive seen a lot of your posts. Always great info/advice.

Comment

What? Me have an opinion? Surely you jest? I am a wallflower by nature.

Comment

LOL. A wallflower with over 7,400 petals.

Comment

I am trying to blossom and stop being so shy.

Comment

Good managers are a must, as you've seen working in storage. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
              I want buns of steel.
              I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Grizz
                Reply to Pro Rating Lease suggestions
                Grizz
                Are all these options available in site-link?
                Today, 07:00 PM
              • Grizz
                Reply to Naming a new facility
                Grizz
                City storage.com is perfect. You want the search engines to find you fast and first. And people will search in the cities they are living in or moving to with terms such as "Abq Storage mini storage", outdoor storage, heated storage, etc....

Fancy and fun names dont make the phone...
                Today, 06:48 PM
              • Steve_hajewski
                Reply to Move In Deposit
                Steve_hajewski
                I also require no deposit with credit card autopay sign up. I'm around 95% autopay.

Very rarely do i have anyone leave a unit damaged or with junk in it. The bigger problem is people who have cards go bad or don't keep enough balance in checking for debit cards.
                Today, 06:10 PM
              Working...
              X