New Construction Facility and First Post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Construction Facility and First Post

Been reading on here for a couple months or so, First post. We are building a new self storage facility in OH, will be breaking ground in the next 45-60 days. 9800 total Square Feet (phase 1), 3 all steel buildings, 10x10s x 5x10s. No utiilites. Existing building on site will serve as office as well as two TC units. 2.5 acres, already graveled. Looking into Easy Storage solutions for software and possibly PTI core for the entry system. Managed a small facility when I was in my early 20s. Looking forward to hearing any suggestions and love learning. Thanks

Welcome StorageDoctor!! Where in Ohio are you building?
    I want buns of steel.
    I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Welcome storagedoctor. This is a great place to get advice from people that have been in this business for a while.

I use Sitelink for my software. I suggest getting a website set up as soon as possible so you can start advertising opening the new facility. Start a facebook page for the facility so that you can post updates and get the name of the facility out there as soon as possible. I recently purchased an app for our facility and my tenants love it. Contact Aaron Harwell with SpiderDoor at 205-655-8200 for more information on getting your own app. Join the local Chamber and have a grand opening ribbon cutting ceremony once you open. Put a banner on the side of the building that reads opening soon. Just some suggestions.

Wishing you great success.
      Fay

Comment

We are in Ashtabula, east of Cleveland about an hour. Thanks for the advice Fay

Comment

Welcome to the forum storagedoctor.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Welcome to the forums. I live in Minerva, Ohio but get most of my Site Planning work from Building Outlet Corporation in Littleton (Denver), CO.

Comment

Welcome aboard! I started in the business 3 years ago and went with Easy Storage Solutions. I have nothing but great things to say. It's reasonably priced, outstanding customer service and the credit card integration with Yapstone is seamless.

Comment

Originally posted by storagedoctor View Post
                Been reading on here for a couple months or so, First post. We are building a new self storage facility in OH, will be breaking ground in the next 45-60 days. 9800 total Square Feet (phase 1), 3 all steel buildings, 10x10s x 5x10s. No utiilites. Existing building on site will serve as office as well as two TC units. 2.5 acres, already graveled. Looking into Easy Storage solutions for software and possibly PTI core for the entry system. Managed a small facility when I was in my early 20s. Looking forward to hearing any suggestions and love learning. Thanks
                Welcome StorageDoctor!

Congrats on getting your own place - that's awesome! Easy Storage is a good option. StorEDGE is also solid. I use StorEDGE for my facility and they have been great.

I'd definitely make sure your Google business page is up and ready to go. Google reviews are important for a storage facility.

Let me know if you need recommendations for anything else!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X